SmoothJitsu

Reaction score
So i'm trying to create a new tactic 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond and i want both my strikers to play in the flanks often, in passing combinations with my mids, i want them to be very mobile off the ball while coming to the flanks.. what roles do you think suit what i want the best?

Maybe a false 9 advanced forward combo? With the instruction to run wide and roam. Or you could try 2 raumdeuters with a more rigid team shape.

It depends, as always with these questions. It depends how you want to play. It depends on how the midfielders (mostly, the AMC) is set up around them. It depends who you have for the 2 positions and what their attributes are.

It's best to just decide how you want to play, what exactly you want the roles to do, look at the attributes of your strikers and make up your own mind from there.

If you're looking for movement wide off the ball, you're looking for roles with 'Moves into Channels' activated or available to be activated.

It depends, as always with these questions. It depends how you want to play. It depends on how the midfielders (mostly, the AMC) is set up around them. It depends who you have for the 2 positions and what their attributes are.

It's best to just decide how you want to play, what exactly you want the roles to do, look at the attributes of your strikers and make up your own mind from there.

If you're looking for movement wide off the ball, you're looking for roles with 'Moves into Channels' activated or available to be activated.

I don't know if you have watched the U21 tournament but i want my strikers to do what the Portuguese "Strikers" do, they rarely play in the middle, they are on the flanks most of the time.

i was thinking a Setup like
--------------K(D)-------------
CWB(S)-CB(D)-CB(D)-CWB(S)
-------------DM(D)-------------
-------BBM(S)---RPM(S)------- Still not sure here
--------------AP(a)-------------
And the strikers i really don't know

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like they were strikers at all then.