Strikers Wanting Hatricks

• Thread starter Thread starter Ollieac
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 912

Ollieac

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

I was 2-0 up going into the last few minutes with my striker having scored twice. He then went and won a penalty and despite being well down on my list of chosen penalty takers he grabs the ball and decides he is going take the penalty presumably in an attempt to get a hatrick. Unfortunately he hit the post, although we still went on and won 2-0.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else with players going against instructions to score hatricks? Would he have done it if the score was 2-2?

its anyone on a hattrick i think, i had papadopolous do it for me at 2-1 :D. he scored

It happens frequently for me, even if it's a defender who's scored 2 goals from corners. It's only cost 1 win so far, as the pen was missed then I conceded 2 in the last 10 minutes for a draw at home. Not amusing but I don't know how to stop it.

Yeah this can be annoying due to the fact that anyone does it, regardless of their penalty attributes. I dont know whether they still take it if it is a must score penalty as I have only ever had this happen when my team is well out of sight in a game.

i have had it happen with boro but i was 4-0 up at the time so didnt mind, it was my anchor man, although i cant remember who it was :( but he missed

It then happened during a chelsea save, i lost the first leg of the champions league 2-1 to inter milan. i then went to the san siro and was winning 2-1 thanx to john terry scoring 2 headers, gearing up for extra time i got a pen in the 94th min up stepped terry, cue me screamin at the laptop at 2am in the morning waking the missus up (whoops) luckily terry smashed into the top corner to send me to the final and quietly trying to celebrate and fist pump the air (in the bad books twice in a minute)

Back