strikers who cant score

• Thread starter Thread starter david fox
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4K

david fox

Reaction score
is it just me or does it seem that when you team plays your striker needs about 5 chances before they score. and the opposition get one and its in.
then you look at the stats your striker say adebayor or tevez has score like 6 goals.
and then you look at the top score table and you have players with **** stats have scored 15 like lee chun-soo who plays for birmingham on the game i am playin at the moment. what ever i seem to try i just cant get him to score the amount he is likely to score in a season.
cheers

That is because Blues are amazing! :)

Another tip:
Get Heskey out of your team :P :D

david villa is the only striker i have had who when he gets a chance he normally buries it and i've had probably all the best strikers on the game

sounds like real life man city LOL.. i have city now in my first season. adebayor scored 36 goals in 42 games/ all competitions. tevez scored 32 goals in 34 games. i use tevez as a poacher/defensive forward/ or inside forward while adebayor is a target man or complete forward. set them so they can receive crosses and passes from wingers. ade should always get crosses ("to feet" worked for me, others say to head ) while tevez can do it anywhere.

if ur players arent efficient at finishing, fix ur training or try to switch them around.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

i forgot to add: adebayor is 56% efficient for me (highest scorer & EPL MVP), tevez 74%, and bellamy 67% (76% in all compitions - 86% for reserves)... look for MADNESS 4-2-4 tactic on the site for some hints on how to attack.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

PS: david villa is the best living striker, only too bad he's in valencia. any team that gets him is a winner.

That's Football :), and ofr some strange reason we seem to love it

but it's surposed to be realistic is it not. and they say it's the most realistic ever but you would never have a player like lee chun-soo top goal scorer

but it's surposed to be realistic is it not. and they say it's the most realistic ever but you would never have a player like lee chun-soo top goal scorer

Why wouldn't you? He has legs doesn't he? He is actually on the pitch isn't he?

So why is it impossible for him to be top scorer? To say that Football Manager 2010 is unrealistic because any player is top scorer is just stupid

Last edited:
coming from a citeh fan i always use tevez as a trequartista, he seems to do well there and links stephen ireland to the attack, he scores too, i have never seen carlos as a striker, i always see him as an attacking midfielder

Peter Lovenkrands. Epic fail in front of goal. XD

Peter Lovenkrands. Epic fail in front of goal. XD

Agreed....only scores if he gets an open goal....I signed David Suazo for Newcastle 1st season on loan, 37 games, 6 goals. I had to play hims as i couldnt attract anyone decent without any money.Macheda played 12, scored 9. Nile Ranger played 33 and scored 14, but I was using him as a deep forward, linking attacks. Getting a goal scorer to play well you need a combination of luck, skill, good play to get the chance, and also helps if the player has good finishing and composure.

is it just me or does it seem that when you team plays your striker needs about 5 chances before they score. and the opposition get one and its in.
cheers

It's called 'perception bias'. I wouldn't worry about it unless you're just creating chances which are exploiting the match engine and so have been tweaked to not be scored... (chances straight through the middle through split DCs seem to be such an exploit).

Back