Struggling in 6th year of my save

jjpp3

Reaction score
Been managing Elgin City in the Scottish Leagues now for 6 years, been predicted last most seasons since my first promotion when when won league 2, tooke 2 years to win league 1 and another 2 to win championship. I won the chapionship with a goal difference of 49 my 2 strikers both broke the record for number of goals in a season in that league and we won with a 12 point lead. again we were predicted to finish bottom of SPL, I tried the same tactics i used to get me promoted through all the leagues, 4-2-4 with 2 pressing forwards and attacking wingers. Was very attacking. It didnt go well having lost every game, not just losing but hammerings and admittedly I saved the game at the beggining of the year and had another go, this time picking more defensive tactics but this has given me similar results, just alot more sending offs. Its very frustrating and i think it is just that i dont have the quality of players to compete. I also made a lot of signings at the start of the season which i think didnt help with morale but I had to bulk up my squad. I have spent a lot of time on this save and dont want to give up haha

Has anyone got any suggestions for me? I feel like i dont know how to create defensive tactics and could do with a tactic to try and ground out results. Also how do you deal with the morale of a team that just isnt good enough? and why do my players keep getting sent off, is it better to not have get stuck in on when your players are already quite agressive?