struggling to score with strikers

• Thread starter Thread starter JOE MURRAY
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 13K

JOE MURRAY

Reaction score
I'm playing with United in a 4-2-3-1 formation, And Rooney, RVP and hernandez are all struggling. Rooney 6 goals in 18, RVP 9 goals in 16, Hernandez 4 goals in 12. Any tips on how to get them scoring?

Strikers don't score in FM 13, only midfielders do. Or defenders.

its relatively normal for rooney and hernandez to cap out at 16-20 goals tops a season despite playing all matches more or less :)
Strikers are abit less unrealistic in 2013 as i have notet.

Tried lending Craig Sutherland (npower player) down to histon, even so he isnt scoring that often :)
Guess the name of the game is more based of overal team meld than solo players for now at least

Sigporsson scored 23 goals in 25 league games and 29 in 33 overall for me in my Ajax save.

Djibril Cisse scored 28 goals in the Premier League alone for me on my QPR save

Kinda having the same problems too, not sure if its my tactics (more than likely) but I do play relatively agressively. But I have only scored 12 in 11 games so far and strikers have 3 between them in League 2.

Pato has scored one goal (penalty) in 13 games, the game is far too hard. I had him score 40 odd goals in FM12, my only goals come from midfield.

I picked Cordoba have four strikers of similar level none scored consistently I just played 1 up top and rotated each striker they all ended up with about 7/9 goals each in 20 apps incl. subs...

I found they had a big rush of goals at the start of the season, then dried up, going 10 games without scoring - I guess rotation is encouraged in this version? Not sure what else you can do.

I can either score goals and concede, or not score and concede less, but not both. I did a test and in the editor placed Bayern in the Scottish third division. We dominated possession, but all the goals came from midfield. Mandzukic and Gomez managed six goals between them in eighteen games, and two of them were a league cup game against Motherwell. There were still the silly errors like the long cross pass not being challenged by the centrebacks leading to the opposition striker getting their one goal. I'm trying all kinds of things, but it's looking like there's a certain tactic that works in any given situation, and everything else means you'll just have to muddle along. It's all very disappointing.

I picked Cordoba have four strikers of similar level none scored consistently I just played 1 up top and rotated each striker they all ended up with about 7/9 goals each in 20 apps incl. subs...

If you also got a few goals from your wingers, and some from the centermids and backs, that's pretty realistic. How many shots on or off target did each have?

If you also got a few goals from your wingers, and some from the centermids and backs, that's pretty realistic. How many shots on or off target did each have?

Yeah I cant complain I won the league tried a few things and found a formation that works usually played 4231 counter may backline wasnt good enough to do much else worked out very well the MF for Cordoba is very strong...

My wingers were class Lopez silva 7goals 7assists, Fede Vico 5goals 10assists, pedro 8goals 5 assists... Now some might say those stats werent amazing on an individual basis but if you were to look at it in the context of the team they are excellent...
I would say my 4 strikers scored roughly 30 or so goals all together and the rest of the team got another 35 or so... Consistency was the only problem...

Naturally the shots varied alot but on average probably got 12-16 shots and usually about 60% were on target...
14 shots, 9 on target and 48% possession would be a usual type of game...
Il fire it up and check 2mo give you the exact stats of the strikers and the 3 AMs...

Last edited:
Anyone, like me, that plays Man U must really love FM13. It seems I'm not alone in being unable to get my strikers scoring. If SI is monitoring, they might want to look into it, last time I checked strikers get the majority of goals on most teams.

Don't rotate position, and make sure you've got enough through balls coming from the midfield.

You'll have to wait for the patch, if they even bother trying to fix it. The DC and GK AI as well as my CM's attempting 10 shots each a game have turned this into a botched abortion of a game. The fact I'm running the silliest formation ever to win says a lot.

Back