Struggling with Away games?

• Thread starter Thread starter NUFC Joe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3K

NUFC Joe

Reaction score
At home, I've only played one game that I haven't won, and that was a 0-0 draw against Arsenal. Other than that, I've beat everyone at home so far including Chelsea and Liverpool.

Do any of you guys have some help for me to stop me from losing away from home? I seem to have possession trouble when at away games mostly. Just lost to Wigan 2-1 and the game before that I lost 3-0 against Bolton. My squad is good enough to compete for Europa league, but it just isn't happening atm.

So has anyone got some help for Away complacency?

away games are a lot harder this year (well until you make an away tactic)

you need to play quick, deep, on the counter (dont worry about possession) let them come on to you and once they have comitted too many forward you hit them on a swift counter attack :)

I can suggest either using or looking at the settings I use in the away counter tactic below :) it really does work! but you need to have quick wingers!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-training/84636-might-magic%99-raikan007.html

Yeah I was having major problems with away games but as Raikan says they are alot harder this time around . I use a 4-5-1 counter attack tactic now and am getting alot more success but I'll still have a look at that Might and Magic tactic to compare lol.
Half the battle is getting a tactic which is tried and tested have a good luck at it and make minor changes to suit your players strengths or develop your own tactics from it.

I never try to play attacking football away from home now its just too risky (unless you have world class players in all position aka Man City)
Try using Raikan007's tactic it WILL work (its how I learned to develop my own tactics I used/borrowed :P lol his then slowly developed my own home and away tactics)

Good Luck (H)
Demba Ba Ba Ba 3rd in the league baby !!!!

Last edited:
Aha, I've sorted it to some degree now lads. Thanks Raikan, I was using Counter anyway. But sometimes I think I'm losing my own games on accident with bad choices in conferences and the team talks.

And yes Richee, 3rd haha!
I'm using one that I inspired from Rakan's old 4-5-1/4-3-3 too. Excellent tactics.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Starting to have trouble again on the road now..

Back