Struggling with finances.

DBWonderland

Reaction score
Currently experimenting down in the depths of lower league England, Boreham Wood. However our finances are predicted to decline fairly rapidly and our squad and staff are already bare. I'm wondering what steps I can take to help this club climb the leagues with healthy finances. (Sorry if this is in the wrong section I'm new).

Keep bonuses at an absolute minimum.
Be prepared to sell your best players to finance the clubs debt as you climb the leagues.
Invest in facilities whenever possible. Players will come and go but your facilities will help you produce/attract better quality of players: better players = sell for more.

You are a money making machine, your players are simply walking cash. Be sure to sell anyone for profit if the bids come in.
Be wary of unused-substitute fee. Don't give it to fringe or back up players.

Keep bonuses at an absolute minimum.
Be prepared to sell your best players to finance the clubs debt as you climb the leagues.
Invest in facilities whenever possible. Players will come and go but your facilities will help you produce/attract better quality of players: better players = sell for more.

You are a money making machine, your players are simply walking cash. Be sure to sell anyone for profit if the bids come in.
Be wary of unused-substitute fee. Don't give it to fringe or back up players.
Thanks for the advice just discovered Arsenal pay 100k annually too so all is not as bad as it first seemed :) by the way love your 5 year plan thread I'm hooked.

Play lots of friendlies esp against better opponents (away you get paid home you get increased gate receipts).

Sell/get rid of all of your first team except the really top players (shouldnt be more than 3/4) and play with your youth team plus free loans from your parent club.

Back