struggling with man city by the away games

• Thread starter Thread starter vandamme84
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

vandamme84

Reaction score
hello guys;

I play with man city and its my first season. After 5 games I stand on the fourth place at the premier league campaign. After 3 away games, I havent won one game. 2 draws and one loss.

I play a 4-2-3-1 (2 mcs, ball-winning (fellaini) defend and DLP (Toure) support) amr (winger attack), aml (Winger/IF attack), amc (APM attack), poacher (attack)

TI: fluid, attacking mentality, high tempo, short passing, more kreative, width wide, high dl, rarely time wasting, counter-attack etc.

If I play away, then I make some small tweaks like dl more deep, more narrow play, but still struggling. example: I beat ac milan 6-1 at home in the cl, then I lost against stoke city 1-0 away and played not so well.

thx for any help!

When you are playing away don't go as attacking mentality, it's very easy to counter it. Maybe go as counter or control or with a deeper defensive line. If you go attacking with a high dl then it's easy to counter attack with speed

hi flaminadamon
I tweak to counter or control, depends on the opponent. But I still have problems. The first two away games I dindn't play well, less shots on target and one cc chances and so on. The third game against aston villa I played better, had 6 ccc but scored only two of them and they had success with some long shots. final result was a 2-2.

Try using toure on a DLP with a defending role and see what happens? For me I use Arteta on Arsenal on DLP with a defending role with Ramsey on his side playing AP with support role. Defending role with a habit to try long passes with a tendency to do killer pass might work.

Back