ArnauEzquerro

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post on the forum so please be nice! I tend to start every FM save unemployed and try and work my way into a side once a manager is sacked.

I've taken over at Crystal Palace after they were relegated to the Championship and it's been a nightmare... I have a side that should easily challenge for promotion, however I keep on getting hammered 3 or 4 nil and top players are consistently getting a 6.5 or below match rating!

I did have to sell a couple of players due to being relegated but no one in the squad at the moment has asked me to leave. I've been able to retain Bolasie, Zaha, Jedinak and on top of that been able to sign van Ginkel from Chelsea as well as others like Alberto Masi and Elseid Hysaj.

I'm not sure whether I am doing something wrong tactically or whether it's out of my hands until the season settles down a bit. So far we are six games in and I've won 1, drawn 2 and lost 3.

I've tried different formations, a different approach and messed about with the player roles and nothing has worked yet...

If anyone has had this problem before and fixed it please help..

You've tried multiple formations with only 6 games played in the league is a key issue, it takes a single tactic far more than that to settle and for the squad to get used to it so it will work. Morale could be a key issue, if its bad players wont perform to their best which is usually a key issue for a recently relegated side.

Their are a lot of factors but those could be the key one's affecting you. Pick a formation and tactic and settle on it and let it work for a few games till its familiar, when players are used to it and familiarity is maxed make slight alterations if need be. Championship is a dodgy league because anything can happen my Portsmouth I was recently promoted and lost my first 9 games and suffered massively before winning all of my remaining games

Nevermind familiarity. Even a decent, unfamiliar tactic will get you some results. Sounds like your tactic(s) are unfamiliar and ****.

We can't exactly help you fix anything if we don't know anything about what you're doing. Start giving some info on the matches, the tactic and the issues you're experiencing?