Stuck in League 1 with a League 2 team

• Thread starter Thread starter clenchie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3K

clenchie

Reaction score
I'm Bristol Rovers and coming to the end of the 2013/14 season, where I'm going to miss out on the playoffs once again in league 1. I have a good squad of players, however the club has no money at all to spend on anything, and the wages are too high. I can't afford to sell players as the club will end up going back down the league. Can anyone help?

just keep going. League 1's tougher than people give it credit for..not an easy league to get out of..took me 3 attempts!!,

Just dont get stuck in a rut..keep looking for the decent regens getting released from the premiership and it should help you out!

have 1 eye on preparing for the championship..because that is where it gets really hard!

im in the same boat at the moment with morecombe. We have a 6000 stadium generate very little income. i pretty much sell every play who has some intrest and replace him with a free transfer just to keep the club afloat. currently in my second season in league one and ive had to generate 500K of transfer fees without spending a penny and we are still in debt. Only spending 30k p/w on wages which is one of the lowest in the league.

Little trick i have picked up is on like the 15th jan have a look through the transfer list and look for players with a asking price of £0. Picked up players like matt James off man united and sold him 18 months later for 300 grand.

League one gets steadily harder than league two, I am Wrexham, won the BSP, won league 2 with basically the same team but struggled in league one for 2 years and have only now just got them up, coming 2nd behind Swindon. Sign Reegans released from Premiership teams that your scouts/assisant recomends and don't be scared of selling your best players in order to make money. 2 experienced centre defenders also made a **** of a difference to my team. Pacey full backs and wingers do the trick also pacey strikers.
In pre-seasons, don't rush it. Take your time and look for players for hours, it might be boring but it makes your whole season enjoyable. I released all my youth team and brought new ones in that premiership teams released, they made brilliant back up when I got injuries and made some belting loan signings that doesn't cost any wages.
If you want anything else, let me know and I'll post a screen shot.

Back