Stuey05 - The Champions Legue Challenge

stuey05

Reaction score
The Ultimate Champions League Challenge

Hello and welcome to my first ever story which will be my attempt at The Ultimate Champions League Challenge.
For those of you who do not know what this is I will be trying to win the champions league with every team that has won it before.

The clubs are Barcelona, Real Bayern, Munich, Man Utd, Chelsea, Juventus, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Dortmunt, Hamburg, Benfica, Ajax, PSV, Marseille's, Celtic, Aston Villa, Red Star Belgrade and Steaua Bucharest. Thats a minimum of 22 Champions league

I have decide to start my Career with Barcelona move on to teams such as Real and United hoping that some of the lesser teams will improve in the future

NEXT POST – Pre-season

Transfers

Not much to report. I was given 35 million but as the Barca starting eleven is packed with talent I decided to pick up a few “backup” players.

Out

Eric Abidal – 5.5 Million

Not a bad price for an aging left back who I felt was not needed

IN

Toby Alderweireld – 8.75 Million

Originally intended as backup he soon became our first choice replacing Puyol in the Team

Di Natale – 10 Million

Another player brought in as a sub but he bagged us a heap of goals through the season

Fernando – 5 Million

Brought him in thinking I would rotate him in midfield however he did not get many starts

Dennis Aogo

Not a household name but put in some very good performances. Started most games due to Alba picking up an injury and impressed.

View attachment 337594

Tactic

Can’t remember where i got this from but used it with Chelsea and it provided some great results so I thought I would give it a bash with Barca

View attachment 337595

Pre-season Results

We cruised the first four matches and I took it as a chance to rotate the squad and have a look at how I should play. During the last two matches our entire senior team and a lot of the reserves were away meaning I had to play a lot of players from the u19’s. Still rubbish results though especially The New York game.

View attachment 337596

Supercup

Barcelona 3 – 1 Real Madrid
Alderweireld - Messi (2)

We fell behind after 4 minutes from a Mesut Ozil strike as we were absolutely battered for the first 20 minutes. I altered the tactics due to this which made a massive difference. Alderweireld equalise just before halftime and Messi added a second half brace to give us the advantage

Supercup second leg

Real Madrid 2 – 0 Barcelona
(3-3 on aggregate – Real win on away goals)

We were very wasteful in a match which we actually dominated, again we conceded early as Khedeira scored within 10 minutes. Coentrao was then sent off as we went on to dominate the match. We took 15 shots but only managed two on target. Real punished us late on when Benzema scored a screamer to secure the cup for real due to away goals.

View attachment 337653

Sorry guys I intended to monthly updates but messed up the pictures and other thing and I am now in January. I have decide to do a little round up before I get into the monthly updates.

LEAGUE

View attachment 337648View attachment 337646View attachment 337649
View attachment 337647

We are in sensational form in the league and we are currently undefeated after 18 games. A highlight has been our defensive performance as we have conceded only 7 goals. We also beat Real Madrid 5-0 which is sure to make the fans happy.

View attachment 337650

Champions
League

View attachment 337651

Happy to progress but disappointed that we came second. I took the chance to rest some of our players but I did not expect Ajax to do so well. We will face PSG in the knockouts.

Copa Del Rey

We are through to the quarter’s where we will face Valencia. We got a scare after losing 2-0 to Mirandes after I rested the team. However we rectified this by beating them 5-0 at home. We manged 31 shots in that match whereas they took 2. We then beat scraped passed Racing after Puyol scored in the 91st
minute to give us a 2-1 aggregate win.

Best Player

View attachment 337652

Obviously. Started the first few games slowly and actually struggled to find goals. That soon changed however and he has now netted 23 goals in 23 games. Alderweireld and Villa have been the other stars.