Stupid transfer fees?

• Thread starter Thread starter xelliotx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3K

xelliotx

Reaction score
I'm trying to buy some young english players, and I'm assuming they're going to be A BIT more expensive, due to them being english.

But Southampton want 18 mil for Luke Shaw, who is 17 and is valued at 425k.... is this a bug? Sterling, they want 22 mil, Shelvey, they want 36 MILLION.

What's up with that?

Probably due to how good they are going to be not how good they currently are, and I wouldn't sell Sterling for £22 million as he is immense! Shelvey I sold for £10 million though...ooops!

Sterling and shelvey both turn out beasts! In a previous save, the year after winning euro 2016, sterling scored something like 30+ goals from right wing, and shelvey was valued 20m+, both made world team of year, and were integral part of euro win, then i restarted lol and didnt see how much further they could progress

How much would sterling leave for, I probably wouldn't be able to get him now, I'm swansea so I'm never gonna have £££££ until like another 5 years haha

Soton would demand fee around that in real life for luke shaw
under 18 players cost more due to the fact that they could be considered as home-grown when you buy them.
when they are 19-20 their price will drop (or rise if they're properly developed).

So can I pretty much rule out signing any future england stars? I'm in 2013 with Swansea..

So can I pretty much rule out signing any future england stars? I'm in 2013 with Swansea..

Pretty much yeah. Teams equal or in this example " bigger" than you can just say no to a transfer without the player getting unhappy, just like in real life. They simply have no reason what so ever to sell their future stars to you. After all, would you sell them ?

I'm trying to buy some young english players, and I'm assuming they're going to be A BIT more expensive, due to them being english.

But Southampton want 18 mil for Luke Shaw, who is 17 and is valued at 425k.... is this a bug? Sterling, they want 22 mil, Shelvey, they want 36 MILLION.

What's up with that?

View attachment 305986

I got them for this but I suppose it depends on their potential, but 18 million for shaw is alot

Just seen you was in 2013 that will probably explain it

Ha, I got Shelvey for less than four milion two seasons or so in, got Adam Johnson, Wilfried Zaha and Luke Shaw for not much more and best of all, Sterling for free after Liverpool let him go.

Indeed.
I actually consider that a major flaw in FM, especially in multiplayer. AI scouts (and scouts in general) are so accurate and can instantly tell who's going to grow up into a star. All the wonderkid regens seem to get snatched by the top AI teams long before humans even know they existed.

It's almost as if every AI team is using Genie Scout... :/

Last edited:
Ha, I got Shelvey for less than four milion two seasons or so in, got Adam Johnson, Wilfried Zaha and Luke Shaw for not much more and best of all, Sterling for free after Liverpool let him go.

Ive only done two saves, one as rangers where Liverpool never played sterling, and one as Liverpool where I played him and in 5 seasons he's worth £30 million...stupid AI Brendan Rodgers...:)

Back