Stuttgart secure Degen loan deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 929

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool defender Philipp Degen joins VfB Stuttgart on loan for the 2010-11 season.

More...

Haha! It's not like he'll come back any better, he's ****.

Sell him and maybe get £1-3 Million.

Stuttgart are a top german side, why the **** are they signing him, hes ****. Hitzfeld sees it aswell which is why he doesnt pick him for switzerland

He's actually not bad going forward, but too injury prone, and too bad at everythingbar attacking

He's a decent player, too injury prone and no where near good enough to challenge Johnson for a place. Hopefully Darby can be back-up this year as it's time he started getting in the squad.

Why not just sell him goddamnit

Wages mate. He was a free signing so his wages are above what he'd otherwise be at. Effectively the club will be saving £2m+ this season from this, and if he does well then he'll get another club a lot easier with regular football (providing he doesn't get injured - again!).

Good luck to him. Lad is an awful defender and had a lot of injuries, but I'd not fault his effort (at Anfield vs Spurs would be a good example) even if I'd question his ability. Freebie punts, got to love them.

He is decent enough but too injury-prone and nowhere near good enough for Liverpool

Why not just sell him goddamnit

because no one wants to pay for him,

we cant release him because we would have to pay compensation.

so a loan option gets his wages off the books, and if he does well in Germany we may be able to sell him for a few quid a the end of the year.

You say he is free

But he has been getting paid weekly, We have being paying for his operation when he broke something. So he has cost us a awful lost.

Well a awful lot for Liverpools standards that's for sure

Wages mate. He was a free signing so his wages are above what he'd otherwise be at. Effectively the club will be saving £2m+ this season from this, and if he does well then he'll get another club a lot easier with regular football (providing he doesn't get injured - again!).

Good luck to him. Lad is an awful defender and had a lot of injuries, but I'd not fault his effort (at Anfield vs Spurs would be a good example) even if I'd question his ability. Freebie punts, got to love them.
We could still be paying some of his wages

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

We could still be paying some of his wages;)

We could still be paying some of his wages

Could be, but I don't think there's a loan fee involved (according to German press anyway) which is what clubs have been haggling over as they didn't want to pay his full wages and a fee.
---

Joel - true that. Roughly £4m in total (not including signing on fee) over two years.

Joel - true that. Roughly £4m in total (not including signing on fee) over two years.

Well would of been about 1m signing on fee. there is 5m that could of bought a right back over the 2 years he has been sitting on the bench, Well. Sometimes sitting on the bench.

Well would of been about 1m signing on fee. there is 5m that could of bought a right back over the 2 years he has been sitting on the bench, Well. Sometimes sitting on the bench.

But then you'd have to pay that right back too, and he's be on the same wages or more as Degen so that would work out as £9m and more over two seasons etc. Realistically, if you're shopping in the bargain bin for players, it's all going to be hit and miss on whether they'll succeed or not.

Back