DannyLFC1892

Reaction score
In the middle of my second season with Liverpool and Suarez has decided he wants to leave, and handed in a transfer request, despite the fact that I am still in all competitions including the Champions League and 3rd in the league just 2 points off the top. Had a conversation with him last season and he was happy with the fact that my aim was to be in the Champions League within 2 seasons so don't know why he now wants to leave...

Anyway, just received an offer of 46.5m from Real Madrid for him. Should I sell him and buy Falcao who is transfer listed for 31m? He's almost 28 but I reckon I'd still get a good 4 seasons out of him. Suarez was pretty good for me last season as well though, in 28 apps he scored 21 goals and got 9 assists. Never used Falcao before but heard he's a goal machine, but is he still worth it at 28?

Currently up front I have Suarez, Sturridge, Benteke and Maupay who is out on loan. Want to bring in someone else though as neither Sturridge or Benteke will score 30+ goals a season and Maupay probably won't be ready for regular first team football for another 2-3 years.

Doesn't have to be Falcao as a replacement but I am looking for someone to come in and make an almost immediate impact and hopefully score at least 25+ goals as I already have enough youth to build up over the next few years.

Cheers!

Falcao did amazing for me, came in first season 5 games in and won golden boot with 26 goals, next season 30 goals, unlucky for him he was injured for 3 months in the third but still got 22 goals and came 3rd he is well worth 31M and you'll still have a bit of cash left over, another worthy striker is Cavani.

Cheers mate. I had Cavani in FM12 who was class for me but when he reached age 28-29 he was so injury prone, was out for 3-4 months at a time but not sure if he's the same in FM13...

Just scouted him as well, not interested! I guess i'll go for Falcao.

He was on steroids :)). The guy was immense and thank God that I signed him for 36 mil E. At first I wanted to sign Cavani but then I decided that Falcao would be the better choice.

70 goals?! F**k me! Well that's convinced me to finalize the deal for Falcao!

Suarez won't be missed either, Benteke just scored a hat-trick against Bayern Munich in a 5-0 win!

This was my first FM save game when i've had a player score so many goals in a season. The most goals that a striker scored for me in other saves was 40+.

The deal for Suarez was agreed and finalized about 4 weeks before the January transfer window opened, when I confirmed it I got the money right away (46.5m) and used that to buy Falcao (31m) and Corchia (17m). When the transfer window opened Falcao & Corchia joined then I got a message saying that the Suarez deal was cancelled. How is this possible when it was confirmed and I got the money 4 weeks earlier? Now it seems the money has been returned to Real Madrid because I'm 50m in debt! Also, I offered him out to clubs and now he's saying he's disappointed to be on the transfer list.... even though he requested it! To make things even worse I can only get 33m for him now! Is this a bug?

The deal for Suarez was agreed and finalized about 4 weeks before the January transfer window opened, when I confirmed it I got the money right away (46.5m) and used that to buy Falcao (31m) and Corchia (17m). When the transfer window opened Falcao & Corchia joined then I got a message saying that the Suarez deal was cancelled. How is this possible when it was confirmed and I got the money 4 weeks earlier? Now it seems the money has been returned to Real Madrid because I'm 50m in debt! Also, I offered him out to clubs and now he's saying he's disappointed to be on the transfer list.... even though he requested it! To make things even worse I can only get 33m for him now! Is this a bug?

It's not a bug. It's Suarez. You should have gotten rid of him in S1 and invest your time in a real loyal dependable striker. Latest S2 and buy lewandowski.

I am only in January season 2. First season in 28 apps he scored 21 goals and 9 assists so didn't see any reason to sell him.
What I don't understand is how you can cancel the deal after it's been confirmed, I am not able to do that myself but the AI can?

Looked at Lewandowski and Cavani but neither were interested so I went for Falcao who was transfer listed.

This just happened:

View attachment 465867

January transfer window is open in a month so will need a replacement, as I'm pretty sure he will be injury prone after this and will be almost 30!

This injury leaves me with just Sturridge, but I could recall Benteke and Maupay who are both out on loan but I'm not sure they'll score enough to progress far in the Champions League or win the title again.

Was thinking of buying one of these: Mattia Destro, Facundo Ferreyra, Salomon Rondon or Luuk de Jong. Got a 55 mil TB.

Destro is a machine bought him halfway through second season Tottenham scores 26 in 22 or Kevin Volland he is an animal too

OMG you have the worst luck! Hope you recouped some money by selling Suarez later. I would recommend Jovetic or Dimaio for you. Both of those guys will score for fun!! PS Falcao scored 61 goals for me in all competitions in his best year and I managed to sell him off for 41.5m pounds to PSG later as he was turning 30. Barcelona offered 45m but I declined because my team is also in La Liga!! Here are pics:
Falcao: http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab312/goraiden/Falcao_OverviewProfile-2.png
Jovetic: http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab312/goraiden/StevanJovetic_OverviewProfile-2.png