Sub divisions relegation problem

• Thread starter Maki17081996
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 3K
M

Maki17081996

Hi guys,
I wanna create a very big DB wich contains the entire English pyramid. While taking informations I noticed that there are multiple times when a division has sub-divisions (For example North/South). I was wondering: how can I make a relegated club go to the right sub-division? Is there a way to do that?

There are ways you can guide the game, but it's hard to get it just right.

One option is to set regional boundaries to the league. You do this on the competitions main page at the bottom. There are options for North, South, East and West boundaries. Simple fill them in with a town or city at that boundary.

Another option is to set teams regional division preferences. You have to do on a club by club basis. It's on the team page under 'regional competitions'. You add a new record, set the division level (premier league = 1 etc) and the league you'd like them to play in.

The final option is when setting the nation rules. On the page where you set up each competition you can assign a specific league to relegate and promote teams to. However you can only choose one. it's useful for level seven teams promoting to Conference north (northern league) or south (isthmian league), but then you have the issue of souther league teams which bounce about depending on who gets relegated.

A mix of all three can give some realism.

Ok, after thinking about it the first option is too difficult to use. I didn't undesrtand very well the second and the third ones, so if you can give me an explanation I'd really appreciate