ajrylance123

Reaction score
anyone have had any success with liverpool with LFC update? iff so then what formation!

I'm always incredibly inconsistent with them, i might light up Chelsea 4-0 and the next game i'm losing to Villa at home, even though i had 7 CCC's and they had 1 total shot

Quck passing game, pressing all over the pitch, and counter in wide 4-1-1-3-1 formation. This works for me with Liverpool. Latter, I changed to narrow formation from wide one, 4-1-1-3-1 (1dm, 1 cm, 3 amc), attacking, shorth passing, possesion game, with variations depending on situation, where one amc moves to wing position (AMR or AML), and striker moves to other wing as INF (FR or FL position).

Starting squad is great for pressing game, since they are fast, with good stamina and agressive. It is also very good for possesion game (this is why I have changed to narrow formation and attacking). Now, I did sold Lucas Leiva in order to get some money at start, and latter I sold Henderson as well, and this is how I bulked up my squad with more depth. For Leiva, I broght Dader and Rio Mavuba to cover DM position, which were big hit, and I also choose players that fit my need (fast, agresive, good passer), so I did not have to change game plan as much.

I played two complete season, both won PL, first season narrowly, second with 10 points difference...

I won the quadruple and following season the septuple. I got Timo Werner, Lloris and Balanta first season. Second season I just added more players with pace, technique to add more bulk and depth to my squad. Verratti for 2.6mil was my signing of the season and possibly of the game

I used my own tactic which was an edited version of Steatons Total Annihilation 3. Which I highly recommend. Cannot speak highly enough about it

First season, I tried this one http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/162566-supremacy.html
I rearly changed it, since I did not expected to win PL. But except short period of time when I had problem with injuries and suspensions, I was cruising, for most of the season I had 5-10 points more then second. I only used base version, since I did not liked waste time version and way that my team was behaving when I played it.

Second season, I modificated this tactic to get more attacking and more controling setup.

I have changed mentality to attacking, moved two wingers on AMC position, changed roles (dm and cm were DLP, def and supp in this order), left and rigth AMC were ap- sup, central amc was SS, and striker was Treq. I set them to play wide, to roam on pitch.

Basicaly, when in possesion, two wide AP-supp were moving to wide position, from back they had support from DLP -supp and FB-att, and with them they created triangle. In center, SS and striker were changing places creating havoc in opponent d-line, and two DLP-s were using this space for deep balls trough defence.

This setup works ok against almost all formation, most problems I had with 4-1-2-2-1 (two wingers) that played possesion game. In these situation, I would push up DLP on central position, and moved striker to FR usually (since I used Sturige most of time) as IFN, and Sterlling on AML as INF in order to get width and to tro off opponent. Basically, for all tacktics without AMC you can push up DMC to CM position, since main reason I drow him back was problem I had in deffence against opponents that used AMC.

The thing I realy liked here was level of control in game. Most of time I had possesion, most of time I created A LOT of CCC-s and HC-s, and most of time I had clean sheet. The thing I did not liked here was that I could not utilize most of Sterlling qualities, and striker was not so effective (not bad, but not he could do better). On the other hand, Cuthino, and properly utilized SS (I used Jovetic, Suso and Aspas here) were great.

I will upload this today, since I am not at home rigth now...

I would also recomend to read TotalFootballFan9 treads, since I learned a lot from him, especialy about using opp instruction. And most of his tacktics I tried were great, even if You do not follow his recomandations for players.

many thanks for the write up! im going to give it ago, do u reckon i should use sturige as IF and balotelli upfront as a poacher?

Sturige is great as AMR INF, I used him whole first season there. Balotelli is better as Treq from my oppinion. And also, as he is not consistent enough, It would be better utilized as creator and occasional scorer then solely as goaltreath. You would also have better cooperation and more space for your two wingers if you do decide to use them as IFN.

From my experience with Liverpool, You should buld your team aronud Couthino and Sterlling on their natural position in their best role (for me, Sterling is better as IFN on left then he is as winger on right), as they are most consistent players in your squad and have most upside. On long run, You would benefit from this.

Here it is:
View attachment 334616

And here is tacktics:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/undefined/

Last edited:
Sorry.

Here it is:Tactic

I just forgot to say, I used some other tacktic due I wanted to use some prebuild OI, but I also changed them, I took off Tight marking and closing down from two CM-s/DM-s.

This basicaly gives you better coverage of opponent defence and isolates two cm-s with ball and without pass option. And also, usualy with tight marking and pressing I force opponent to clear the ball, and two central midfielders are usualy out of the game, so there is no need for them to be marked tight or closed down at all times.

Yep. And it from my opinion it produced better results. But I have changed little squad in meantime. I think that wide formation is better fit for Liverpool in first season, but afterwords, it depends on your team. As I said, i bought Rio Mavuba and Dader on DM, I also brought few good AMC-s, so I wanted to change up a little.You may choose something else.
One thing I am shore of, whatever you do, you want to build your team around Couthino and Sterling.

I'm always incredibly inconsistent with them, i might light up Chelsea 4-0 and the next game i'm losing to Villa at home, even though i had 7 CCC's and they had 1 total shot

As a Liverpool fan, this just sounds like extreme realism to me.

I don't think there are many fans out there used to more ups and downs than Liverpool fans. We're consistently inconsistent, with few exceptions: Houllier had a consistent season, 2nd place; Rafa had a consistent season, 2nd place; Rodgers had a consistent season, 2nd place. And what seems to always happen after a consistent season? Back to inconsistency. It happened to Houllier, it happened to Rafa, and now it's happening to Rodgers.

Sure, you can make fun of it, but I'll tell you one thing: Supporting Liverpool is never boring.

Sure, you can make fun of it, but I'll tell you one thing: Supporting Liverpool is never boring.

I dont support them, but I always liked them, and it is true :S

Every time I thoght this is the year, they fail miserably.

But in this version of FM it is not completly true. I remmember in FM12 and FM 11 they were nightmare. They could not score even if you bought best available strikers. The only one who could score was Gerard :D

I don't think there are many fans out there used to more ups and downs than Liverpool fans. We're consistently inconsistent, with few exceptions: Houllier had a consistent season, 2nd place; Rafa had a consistent season, 2nd place; Rodgers had a consistent season, 2nd place. And what seems to always happen after a consistent season? Back to inconsistency. It happened to Houllier, it happened to Rafa, and now it's happening to Rodgers.

Hey at least you have surprises and excitement during the season, i already know i'm finishing 4th at the beggining of the season..
but still COYG!!!!!!