Sugar Daddy run out of money?

marcMCFC1986

Reaction score
On my save with Everton they have been bought by a Sugar Daddy who has invested hundreds and hundreds of millions into Everton, and they are now one of the biggest teams in the world having won the Premier League in 11 of the last 14 seasons and won 4 European Cups (played in 6 finals), two Europa Cups, and countless domestic trophies.

However, I got a message on my newsfeed that the chairman has halved the wage budget, dropped my transfer budget to £100k, severely restricted where I can send my scouts and now on the club info screen it says the clubs finances are 'Okay'.

Has this ever happened to someone before where their Sugar Daddy owner has just pulled the plug on all funding? Is he going to sell up? Should I prepare myself for a Leeds United style crash?

So he pulled an Anzhi?

Another mark for SI for realism!

Id resign if it doesnt get better by the end of the season/start of next.

Happened with me, was at FC Vaslui, doing amazingly, then got offered the job at League 2 York City with £11m transfer budget.. after getting promoted, the club was 'in debt' and I can now barely afford anyone in the Championship a few years later.

Yeah I suppose he has 'done an Anzhi', but he has been at he club for about 20 seasons and now he seems to have pulled the plug. Not had any sort of news item to say he is planning to sell up, and on the Chairman Status it says 'Loves the Club', he just seems to have run out of money!

TBH, I wouldn't mind if it did happen - would be a great challenge to try and keep the team together and keep competitive with no money!

Harsh! This what I hope happens to Chelsea and Man City in the future. Irl.

Marc, you'll be fine as long as you don't suffer too many injuries and as long as you weren't going to go on a spending spree.

Back