Suggestion for playing with a slow, tall striker

aldomrc

Reaction score
Title. This guy up front:

View attachment 19832

He's basically the only one in the squad with a good finishing attribute (14+). I also can't seem to have him score despite his attributes. Keep in mind the goals in the stats are mostly from penalty kicks (4 or 5 of them).

I usually play this:

View attachment 19831

or this:

View attachment 19830

Not necessarily with those players or with the Positive mentality. Any suggestions on what I could do to increase his (or the team's) goalscoring? Not that I'm not scoring,, but I feel that most goals are speculative shots from the midfielders or rebounds and, eventually, I won't be so lucky and it'll end up in a long negative cycle.

Also, any help on the player roles for the wide men? If I use IF, they rarely cross or play the wing backs, which is what I would want instead of always having the ball played back to a midfielder before then risking a longer pass. If I use Wingers, they get the ball and immediately try to dribble the whole opposition. If I use AP, they rarely cross and just overpopulate the middle (maybe I should try extremely wider) leaving the wing back by himself, though the wing back does get the ball more often (or at least it the ME generates more highlights, meaning he gets the ball in better conditions).

Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Try the wingbacks on attack duty with team instruction of lower tempo. This might help to bring them in the game a bit more.