Suggestions for my tactic

Hazard1

Reaction score
Hello, I'm managing Eintracht Frankfurt and I think I've done well so far, being second in the Bundesliga (lost against Bayer 04 and became the second), but since December, somehow the team started to decline and I couldn't prevent it.What should I change in my tactic, what would you suggest?

Last edited:
I'm no tactical genius but i have mucked around a fair few times with a tactic. What i found when trying to play a short passing game (as it looks like you are with your passing instructin) my deep lying playmaker would always try the long ball. After changing this role there were much less long balls and my team was playing much shorter balls in the middle as i visioned.

I'm not sure if its a thing for DLP to try and kick it long? Maybe someone else can confirm. But thats one thing that i noticed whilst mucking around. However i notice you want to counter, have you tried more direct passing?

Maybe try taking one or two instructions out and seeing how it goes. Best advice i've been given is to watch the 2d match rather then 3d to make sure the players are where you actually want them too all the time. You still get replays in 3d.

A few things I noticed....

- why have you got overlap insturction on when you dont have any wide players, who are the full backs going to overlap?

You only have two centre midfielders and both of them are in roles were they consistently leave their position.
Deep lying playmaker on support will look to play long balls and move.up with the attack, and a ball winning midfielder charges around the pitch trying to win the ball, he can end up pretty high up the pitch.

You need to change these roles to something a little more conservative because they offer no protection to your flanks which your two wing backs will leave open when they get forward.

Change midfield roles to something like a center midfielder on support duty, and a deep lying playmaker on defend duty.
This will keep your two man midfield in place and offer cover for the full backs.

If you want anymore of my suggestions let me know