Sullivan slams 2012 stadium plan

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 559

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
West Ham co-owner David Sullivan says the plan to convert the Olympic Stadium into a 25,000-seat athletics venue is an "appalling waste of public money".

More...

They don't really have a choice though. When they made the bid to hold the 2012 Olympics, the fact that it would remain an athletics stadium was part of it.

they should let west ham play their simple as that.

Why should they, one of the points we got the Olympics was because they said the stadium would stay an athletics stadium, there is no way they can decide its not now they have got the Olympics.

It is stupid that they waste the stadium on Althletics but if that's what was agreed then they have to stick to it

It is stupid that they waste the stadium on Althletics but if that's what was agreed then they have to stick to it

How is it a waste? why shouldnt Athletic's have somewhere that is dedicated to there sport?! It should help with the development of the sport in our country and increase the quality of our attempts in the Olympics in the future.

Just because it isn't football doesn't mean its a waste.

Totally agree with you Dunc. If Sullivan wants to pay full market rate for the stadium, then that would be a different story. We all know he's a chancer looking to make a profit out of West Ham, so I'd not be happy to see him getting a free stadium which he'll then make a profit on when he sells West Ham on.

Zebedee you have hit the nail completely on the head!!!

David Sullivan from the vast experience i have had from him at Blues, all he wants from west ham is profit and money in his child sized trouser pockets!

All he and David Gold wanted out of our club was a profit, which they made! And that is all they are going to do with West Ham, its got sweet FA to do with loving the club!

The idea of a free stadium with better facilities was too good an offer to turn down for Mr Sullivan, to then sell the land that Upton park currently stands to a property developer for £££££

I dont hope West Ham crash and burn because their a good club, but i would love to see him fail!

The money grabbing opinionated little S***! He made so many mistakes with what he said to Blues fans that he will never be forgiven! And West Ham fans will soon see the real intentions of the bloke!

Zebedee you have hit the nail completely on the head!!!

David Sullivan from the vast experience i have had from him at Blues, all he wants from west ham is profit and money in his child sized trouser pockets!

All he and David Gold wanted out of our club was a profit, which they made! And that is all they are going to do with West Ham, its got sweet FA to do with loving the club!

The idea of a free stadium with better facilities was too good an offer to turn down for Mr Sullivan, to then sell the land that Upton park currently stands to a property developer for £££££

I dont hope West Ham crash and burn because their a good club, but i would love to see him fail!

The money grabbing opinionated little S***! He made so many mistakes with what he said to Blues fans that he will never be forgiven! And West Ham fans will soon see the real intentions of the bloke!
Surely you cannot slate the guy for wanting to make a profit, what else can he do as a business man?

I can slate the guy for making false intentions, unmade promises, and just straight lying to fans though!

He has no interest in the fans, their feelings, well being. as long as they fill his pockets.

what they will do with west ham, is consolidate their position and no further, and if that means getting relegated a few times in the process then it wont matter to him.

Why would the public want there money going towards a ground that West Ham can rent for a very cheap price, Sullivan is trying to be a very sly fox here. I just hope whoever holds the ownership to the Stadium doesn't give let it happen.

I think Dunc had it right earlier! Why should athletics, give up their stadium to "west ham"

or football?! really!

they have the right to have that stadium made for them, we have no competition really in athletics, were not a strong country at all in the majority of the events! so we may as well develop it!!

Why would the public want there money going towards a ground that West Ham can rent for a very cheap price, Sullivan is trying to be a very sly fox here. I just hope whoever holds the ownership to the Stadium doesn't give let it happen.

They can't let West Ham have it, as the funding to build it came with a covenant which means it has to be used for athletics after the games - Sullivan thinks that he can get them to dodge the covenant by promising to build them a new athletics stadium somewhere else in return for giving him the Olympic Stadium. Would be like Cardiff City demanding to be given the Millenium Stadium in return for building a 5000 seat stadium next to a sewage plant for the Welsh rugby team to play in :D

Back