Sunderland ask City for Hart loan

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Sunderland make an approach to take England goalkeeper Joe Hart on loan from Manchester City.

More...

Can't exactly fill Craig Gordon with confidence if they're looking at this option. Fulop is supposedly on his way to Ipswich though so it could leave them a little short of cover.

I think we have to keep him.

He's been playing a lot of pre-season, and I think he could battle against Given nicely this season.. Thing is, if he does go, then we really need a backup keeper, and we won't risk Given again.

Ugh.

So they want him until Gordon is back from his injury? Then one of two good goalkeepers won't play anymore.

Hopefully Man City don't opt for this. Send him to Arsenal.

Wake up and buy him already Wenger.

I think we have to keep him.

He's been playing a lot of pre-season, and I think he could battle against Given nicely this season.. Thing is, if he does go, then we really need a backup keeper, and we won't risk Given again.

You have Stuart Taylor as a backup

You have Stuart Taylor as a backup

Mm, I suppose. But Gunnar Neilson was supposedly our backup last season, and we didn't want to use him. I think Hart will stay though. :)

Wenger missed a press conference earlier because he was too busy. Maybe busy on the phone with Mancini? Perhaps I'm reading too much into it. But, Hart is an Arsenal fan, so you never know.

I'm not sure about this tbh. Gordon is out injured for a little bit, but once he is back we have a dilemma.

Either Gordon is on the bench and then inevitabely wants to leave and get first-team football.

Or Hart is sat on the bench - a player who would have left City only to get first team football, to fulfil the void in England's goal; thus making Steve Bruce and Sunderland hated by all England fans!

I'd say for the matches Gordon is out for at the start of the season we play Mignolet - great shot-stopper although does look a bit risky with crosses. It's not too much of a crisis, however, until Mignolet gets injured and we're left with youngster Ben Wilson.

I do, however thinks the deal will go through, due to us letting them have Fulop at the end of next year - so I think they'll sort of 'repay the favour'

Hart will most likely remain in Manchester. I can't see them willing to get into the same issue as last season, especially with Given not back from his injury yet.

Hart will most likely remain in Manchester. I can't see them willing to get into the same issue as last season, especially with Given not back from his injury yet.
Given played 45 mins in a freindly last week so should be ready for the new season

He played in a friendly didn't he?

Can't exactly fill Craig Gordon with confidence if they're looking at this option. Fulop is supposedly on his way to Ipswich though so it could leave them a little short of cover.

He is injured at the moment, if anything it won't fill the new Belgium keeper they signed a few months back with any confidence.

I'm not sure about this tbh. Gordon is out injured for a little bit, but once he is back we have a dilemma.

Either Gordon is on the bench and then inevitabely wants to leave and get first-team football.

Or Hart is sat on the bench - a player who would have left City only to get first team football, to fulfil the void in England's goal; thus making Steve Bruce and Sunderland hated by all England fans!

I'd say for the matches Gordon is out for at the start of the season we play Mignolet - great shot-stopper although does look a bit risky with crosses. It's not too much of a crisis, however, until Mignolet gets injured and we're left with youngster Ben Wilson.

I do, however thinks the deal will go through, due to us letting them have Fulop at the end of next year - so I think they'll sort of 'repay the favour'

Can't be good for Mignolet's confidence if you are trying to sign Hart. I fully believe that Joe Hart is overrated and very eccentric. When fit Gordon is a class above him.

indeed, they refused Birmingham so why let Sunderland have him

Can't be good for Mignolet's confidence if you are trying to sign Hart. I fully believe that Joe Hart is overrated and very eccentric. When fit Gordon is a class above him.

Well, yeah it can't be too good, but he is only a youngster and only a recent signing aswell. I think if Trevor Carson was still fit we wouldn't need another, I just think Bruce wants 2 available at all times. Gordon's command of the defence isn't too good though but having said that I've only seen Hart in action against us and he pulled off some top quality saves; but I wasn't really looking at how he looked after his defence.

They won't le him go, we've already proved their greediness. After they wouldn't allow him to come to us for a second year even though he wanted to. So I doubt he'll goto Sunderland to essentially fill in for Gordon, which is surely what he will be doing for Given anyway?

He'd be much better playing week in week out, to be honest in my opinion Hart > Given, but it's debatable.

He's too good to be sat on the bench anyway, he needs to be playing regularly to earn his England place .

Back