Sunderland fan sues club

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 829

Does the fan have a right to sue the club?

• Yes

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 91.3%

• Total voters

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
A Sunderland fan, is currently suing the club, after being knocked out by a wayward ball, during a training session. The ball was hit by Djibril Cisse during the session.

Supporter suing Sunderland | Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News

Am I the only one, who thinks suing the club over this, is an absolute non-starter? I mean, it's a training session. Yes, clubs have a responsibility over fan safety, be it during the game, or if they allow fans in during a training session, but how can he sue the club over an accident? That's what it was, an accident. It wasn't the fault of the player, and it sure as **** wasn't the fault of the club. This just smells like a way out of getting cash out the club and making a name for himself.

Hahaha, trust it to be Cisse, he's **** at shooting XD (Jokes)

Non-story i reckon, simply cannot sue your club for that !

lol why would you sue your own club?

Because some people are incredibly dense lol. Like that guy who tried to sue a club over a shirt he bought with a certain players name on, to find that player left the club. People do anything for money lol

obviously not a real supporter of the club. Real fan would love it. I'd pay to get hit with a ball by Snodgrass :P

obviously not a real supporter of the club. Real fan would love it. I'd pay to get hit with a ball by Snodgrass :P

Have to admit, if I get hit by a ball struck by Arteta I'd brag about it to me mates like lol

Have to admit, if I get hit by a ball struck by Arteta I'd brag about it to me mates like lol

Well exactly. I was reminded of this story:

A YOUNG Villa fan who was hit by a flying corner flag on Saturday was today “over the moon” to get his hands on his hero’s shirt.

John Carew kicked the corner flag into the Holte End after scoring the winning goal in the game against Stoke.
The Norwegian striker apologised to the hapless young victim during the game and then gave him his shirt after the final whistle was blown.

Sam Clements, who is half Norwegian himself, was hit by the flying flag as he watched the game with his dad and brother on Row B of the Holte End.

The seven-year-old ardent Villa fan, was already wearing a shirt emblazoned with Carew’s name.
His dad, Chris, said today that his son, a pupil at Welton School, was “over the moon.”

Full link here, but you get the picture. If you're a fan, you'd be pretty happy if a striker managed to pick you out in the crowd, surely? :P

Good to see it's not only Reading fans sue there own clubs..

Jezus christ, sueing your own club, really?

Well exactly. I was reminded of this story:

Full link here, but you get the picture. If you're a fan, you'd be pretty happy if a striker managed to pick you out in the crowd, surely? :P

I'd be more than happy lol. Be over the ****** moon

Doubt he would get any compensation unless there was a flaw in health and safety that made him vulnerable to getting hit. Probably get a small pay off be ridiculous if it goes to court.

Doubt he would get any compensation unless there was a flaw in health and safety that made him vulnerable to getting hit. Probably get a small pay off be ridiculous if it goes to court.

Agreed. This health and safety thing is a joke, and I have a feeling he'll get a small pay off. Cannot see any possible way, at all, this case can be successful. Just wondering if there's been any similar cases that have actually been successful........

And if somehow, this guy is successful, this could actually set a precedant for other clubs, that may result in fans being banned from watching training sessions. This could open a rather large can of worms I suspect

Last edited:
Hoe can you sue a club for this.
That was a training sessions, there balls all over there, it can happen.

I'd do a lot of things for money (Oh yeahhhhhh), but this is low even for my standards.

The thing is tho, it didnt cost him any money to be hit by the ball, and im pretty sure hes fine now so what damages are there?

Sue? I would've high-fived Cissé and said nice shot.

The thing is tho, it didnt cost him any money to be hit by the ball, and im pretty sure hes fine now so what damages are there?

Lawyer will probably try something really stupid, like damaged pride or something to do with lasting effects of being hit by a football. Really hope the Sunderland fans give him ultimate grief in the next match. He's nothing to do with the club, not a fan. Just an absolute **** of epic proportions.

Back