Sunderland sign Onouha and Mensah

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2K
I don't think Onouha would have got much game time at City, as I still feel they'll be signing 3-4 more players. He'll get more game time at Sunderland.

Decent signings for the Mackems(as much as I hate to say it). We should have moved for Onohua, and I am surprised Mensah didn't have interested clubs after a good WC.

Decent signings for the Mackems(as much as I hate to say it). We should have moved for Onohua, and I am surprised Mensah didn't have interested clubs after a good WC.

Agreed, we need a right back with Simpson out. Oh well, another good signing by the Mackems, should have some more money aswell after selling Jones.

Aslong as we keep Micah Richards..

Pretty amazing that this is the first time he's going to play for another club, in 7 years, despite only being 23. Dedication to the max, fully respect Onouha, he's a good player aswell, sad he can't fit in the sqaud. :(

I liked the look of both these players, Mensah was standout in the world cup. I am pleased Onuoha has gone out on loan because the more first team football he is exposed to the better. I wonder what the future holds for the likes of Kigallon, Bramble Turner and da Silva though because there is a lot of competition for the centre half position at Sunderland atm.

2 really good deals for sunderland both players deserve 1st team football

How many home grown players will city have now if they let ireland go, i though they would keep him just for that oO). Two decent signings Mensah wasnt that good last season but was good at the world cup, onunha has had promise for a long time now but hasnt gotten the the chance to show it.

We have Campbell! :)

How many home grown players will city have now if they let ireland go, i though they would keep him just for that oO). Two decent signings Mensah wasnt that good last season but was good at the world cup, onunha has had promise for a long time now but hasnt gotten the the chance to show it.
Richards
Bridge
Adam Johnson
Michael Johnson
Wright Phillips
Barry
Lescott
Hart
Nimely
Milner (possibly)

Sunderland, Birmingham and Stoke are teams I see on the up this season.

Great signings by Sunderland. They seem intent on really shoring up the defence.

Looks like they'll be relying on Bent and Campbell for their goals this season again, which isn't a bad idea if they can concede less.

Defence has been Sunderland's problem since they came back, Mensah will do well providing he stays fit and young Onouha has always looked solid.

Back