Sunderland "Squad Players"

• Thread starter Thread starter ItchyScrot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4K

ItchyScrot

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Sunderland in 2010 and the squad is suprisingly small.
Has anyone got any good ideas for good versatile players to
support my squad, preferably a defenders and wingers.

Also I need a decent CM and I only have 7M left so is there
anyone easy to sell?

Help?

Get beckham or Alejandro Dominguez but dont you have cana and cattermole

Idon't like mentioning names, but in my game as SAFC I brought in Tom DeMul, Jesper Gronkaer and Vincente for a tad over your 7 mil.

yeah but only two decent CM isnt great
and Ried and Richardson ect are wingers

Yep, I started as Sunderland as well, and blimey it is a small squad! But anyway back to your question.

In CM look to buy Kevin Thomson from rangers at a bargain price of £1.5million. He's on the transfer list so he shouldn't have any problem bringing him in. From how he was played for me, he has been consistent and the occasional goal threat as well from CM. He has fitted in well with Cattermole and Cana.

At RB I bought Tony Hibbert from Everton for £2-3 million in the end. He hasn't played for me yet due to injury, but fingers crossed he will perform.

At LB I tried to sign Jelle Van Damme from Anderlecht, but I didn't have enough funds as I had spent money on Milevyski instead. From Fm 2009 experience though Van Damme was a good consistent player, and extremely versatile being able to play at LB, CB, LM, CM, and DMC. However his best positions are LB and CB.

I wouldn't sell too many players unless you are really confident of replacing them with better ones, as your squad is small enough already. I didn't sell any in the end, though I did try to sell Kenwyne Jones - not that I disliked him, but - because i didn't think I would be able to sell either Bent or Campbell as they had both just joined the club.

Hope this helps and good luck.

try shortlist attached here.

Raul Merieles is pure class, just bought him for my Bremen save.
get Nuri Sahin - Dortmund too
Lars Bender - 1860 Munich is the best DM-CM youngster on the game.
Simone Pepe - Udnines - AMR
Damiano Ferronnetti - Udinese - RB
Jeremy Mathieu - LB
David - Palmeiras - CB
Lugano - CB - Fenerbahce i think

im agreeing with the guy who recommended beckham, he is free
i also think u should try and buy kevin thoimson from rangers he is cheap and decent, also try and buy a youngster called james rodriguez he is cheap and has a lot of potential

Back