Super Spanish tactic pass n' move

• Thread starter Thread starter Pezz96
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 12K

Pezz96

Reaction score
PLEASE READ(if you haven't already): http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/110163-kris-swan-song.html
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...training/108657-awesome-amc%99-raikan007.html
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ew-approach-defensive-line-understanding.html

HOME TACTIC DOWNLOAD!!

AWAY TACTIC DOWNLOAD
There is also an away version, which I shall upload, the home version is waiting approval form the moderators

I know 8 games isn't a lot however ive been impressed by the gameplay, hence why I'd really appreciate testers

hey all, I like many of you have found this years edition of fm frustrating, frustration with the M.E., frustration creating tactics and getting my philosophies across in the game, numerous rage quits have ensued, even when I'm doing well, however despite all this, i understand that the frustrations are due to my naivety when playing the game...

The Original Premise

Upon creating a new save with Sevilla, I decided I wanted to play a high-pressing high-tempo game akin to many Spanish sides, I had originally decided on the following 4-2-3-1 formation
View attachment 296810
Again though I proved unsuccessful, it was then I stumbled across this http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ew-approach-defensive-line-understanding.html this put the idea in my head of a new approach, that allowed me to play a high line with wing-backs supporting the midfield effort

The Second Premise:
View attachment 296811

I then came up with the above, I intended on having the Beckanbauer esque Libero running out with the ball, and supporting the attacks, with the wing-backs pushing forward when we had the ball, however I struggled to get the libero role working even though I had a sweeper in emir spahic, and he seemed lost in games, and it was as if we were playing with ten men

The Final Premise:
View attachment 296812

After some deliberation I eventually settled on this, it allows solid defence with high pressing, as well as dangerous fast paced attacks either down through the wings, through the amc, or passing play built from the back, through the two cdm's, realising I've waffled on a bit, so i'll now just show you some ss's.

View attachment 296822Interceptions evidence of the intense pressing View attachment 296823Results note the away wins v bilbao and at madridView attachment 296824CCC'S v Real View attachment 296825 Domination at homeView attachment 296826 Smash and grab away winView attachment 296827Chances v Valencia

Player roles etc..:
GK- Just a normal goal-keeper, tried sweeper keeper worked well with build up, however many errors were made due to pressure from oppo keepers, you could try a sweeper keeper, but they make sure they have high composure, great distribution, and rarely makes errors e.g. Reina from 3years ago

cb- Again a solid centre back, best you can find, i got shawcross

bpd- Integral starts moves off look for good distribution passing etc..

Wing backs- Pacy good passing, key cogs in the build up play I'd recommend Alves, Rangel, Evra, Valencia etc..

Dlp- Again key in the build up, if you've got loads of money go for a xavi,pirlo type

Dm- Solid protects the cb's, gets forward in counter attacks

AMR- pacy winger, can also cut inside, put in a good cross, ive been blessed with navas

AMC- Integral makes runs into the box, helps in the build up play, high creativity levels needed

AML- same as amr here i'm lucky as i've got perroti and reyes (note depending on your players you change the wingers to IF'S if it suits YOUR TEAM!!)

ST- Never used AF'S on fm12 use it all the time on fm13, I've got negredo, you need a good all rounder, who can score press the oppo defence, and create

Shouts: Pass into space, Hassle opponents, Stay on feet v bigger teams, Hit early crosses, if the oppo have small cb's, Play though defence

I'm sorry i've gone on, please download and test, remember plug n' play doesn't exist anymore man management is key

Last edited:
looks interesting. what do you consider to be the main diferences between the home and away tactic?

The away is a defensive strategy,, the passing is more direct and we are much quicker on the ball

Please note on the home version the amc is an ap, it's up to you what role to give home, bit I've noted he plays better as an amc attack

Can anyone who's downloaded leave some feedback or screenies please? :)

im still at work, so cant ty it yet, but will prob have a look at it when i get home

have u continued your save? any more results?

im still at work, so cant ty it yet, but will prob have a look at it when i get home

have u continued your save? any more results?
yeah lost to getafe 3-1 away, In one of those games which I dominated but couldn't break through, then I beat Malaga 4-0 at home I'm 4th ATM I think I can make a title push if barca or real slip once or twice

Please stop the continual bumping, if people wanted to give feedback they would.

Little tip for you, if you want people to take notice of your tactic give it a cheesy name like mega goals attack or The battle for Carthage or some guff like that. Seems to work for others. Also plug & play does still exist, i still do it and have the same success ive always had. Good luck.

Last edited:
Please stop the continual bumping, if people wanted to give feedback they would.

Little tip for you, if you want people to take notice of your tactic give it a cheesy name like mega goals attack or The battle for Carthage or some guff like that. Seems to work for others. Also plug & play does still exist, i still do it and have the same success ive always had. Good luck.
Duly noted

Back