Super Struggling, Advice please

• Thread starter Thread starter Fanty111
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3K

Fanty111

Reaction score
I'm not here to complain for a change h ha Ive taken into account everything other players have said and i cant make this game work for me

only one win in the league, im very vigilant about opposition instructions and match preperation i.e tactical set-ups and i'm just a little frustrated because i can garentee everything I know IRL about tactics would make any opposition fold e.g 4-3-3 vs 4-2-2 to play with triangles in centre to violate a two man midfield

so really im looking for alternatives, this isnt me giving the game an ultimatum im just short of ideas

View attachment 295026View attachment 295028View attachment 295027

Trying to emulate Sampaoli tactics as i did last year but to no avail unfortunately

the game is based on quick direct football as shown in the first 2 screens and separate to this is the 3rd screen a slow build up leading to a quick counter

the only trouble with this is i cant win for love nor money

any advice is excellent, thank you

on your 4-5-1 change your BWM to a central midfielder set to attack, team instructions everything on default passing short pressing set to more leave it on attacking and balanced for style and strategy it works for me. cleverley ain't a winger either so use in a more suitable role back in the centre mid use an inside forward on either or both flanks remember round pegs in round holes.

without seeing any match info on the 451 I would imagine your front 3 are getting isolated and your attacks are breaking down easily? I wouldn't use a target man either because he hasn't got people to bring into play use an AF/CF/poacher your striker needs to look to finish moves not start them this is only my interpretation i could be wrong

Last edited:
Thread moved into the Tactic Section.

On Topic, Have you tweaked any of the setttings pre-set by the TC ?

Thread moved into the Tactic Section.

On Topic, Have you tweaked any of the setttings pre-set by the TC ?

not the sliders

i read your twelve step uide on another post so im quite glad youve entered this thread tbh!

without seeing any match info on the 451 I would imagine your front 3 are getting isolated and your attacks are breaking down easily? I wouldn't use a target man either because he hasn't got people to bring into play use an AF/CF/poacher your striker needs to look to finish moves not start them this is only my interpretation i could be wrong

Spot on, assuming that the playersettings has not been tweaked

not the sliders

i read your twelve step uide on another post so im quite glad youve entered this thread tbh!

Not mine, its made by wwfan

On Topic

If wanting to play "Attack", I would perhaps use a 4231 instead as its a formation that suits it better.

Try one MC on a defensive dutie and one on support. Perhaps a CM on Support and one on Defend.

The AMC and FC should be setup in a combo that makes them work as partners.
FC = Tq and AMC as Inside FC.

..or...

FC = Advanced FC and AMC as TQ

...or..
the FC as Complete FC/support and the AMC on Attacking Mid /Attack etc etc

Last edited:
no settings have been changed

what about the 3-2-2-2-1?

I would focus on getting the 4231 correct first, then a more cautious approach, either a deep 4231 or a 451...then you can try a 3 DC system

typo there i think pal

He wants to know how many games you have tried the tactics for. Seing that you are in the middle of October, its enough games to acknowledge that the tactics are at fault, just as you have suspected.

By the way, what starting reputation did you use ?

He wants to know how many games you have tried the tactics for. Seing that you are in the middle of October, its enough games to acknowledge that the tactics are at fault, just as you have suspected.

By the way, what starting reputation did you use ?

internatinal, was at blackburn for 3 season before munich,his is my 2nd season

p.s i wn a german cup ame 9-0 and and away game which i dominate 2-1

will keep you updated

Looking at the 4-5-1, the biggest problem for me is that there is no real link between the midfield triangle and the TM, who shouldnt be a TM imo (as people have mentioned). Cisse for me should be an Advanced forward. And I would adjust the middle three roles.

Javi Martinez DMC - Defensive Mid/Defend

Bastian Schweinsteiger MCL - Deep Lying Playmaker/Support

Toni Kroos - MCR Central Mid/Attack

Also you have both full backs on defend, this allows for NO staggered support for the midfield, you'd ideally want one on attack and one support, Lahm being the one on attack, as he is your best attacking full back. If you want to try and be a bit tighter, you can set them to manually tight mark, or use opposition instructions.

You also could have both FBs on automatic/support role.

How about team morale?

this thread so far its 9-0 then a 2-1 then a 0-0 which i dominated, whats shouts do you advise buddy?

I would start out by just combining 3 at the time, until you get the grips of it. Mind you, these are the ones that are useful for your Attacking strategy and there are far more good options for when playing Counter or Balanced.

Retrieve and Retain

Here, we focus on getting the ball back as soon as possible ( Hassle) as well as keeping the ball within the team playing by playing more compact & slower ( Retain possession, using fewer t-balls( pass to feet)

This approach is when you want to feel more in control of the game, if the opponent sees too much of the ball WITHOUT you getting in the score line/ having the score advantage

Overload the flanks

Here, we try to exploit the fact that the opponent is compact and narrow and/or neglects the flanks. We let our fib’s/WBs get forward all the time, letting them stay wide with the ball, at the same time using our wingers to linkup with play ( Play wider, Overlaps). As we want to use lots of space, we also Drop deeper. Do NOT combine this with the shout “Exploit Flanks” as it will make you wingers hold up the ball to.

This approach is when really wanting to stretch the opponent sideways and drag them out of their central defensive position.

Come on Son!!

Here, we through everything forward. We push up the defense and put pressure on the opponent (Hassle) and try to get the ball into the area at every opportunity (Get ball forward, make early crosses)

This is to be used as either a last resort and/or when you feel that the opponents are getting tired and lacks in the Ariel department

-

Looking at the 4-5-1, the biggest problem for me is that there is no real link between the midfield triangle and the TM, who shouldnt be a TM imo (as people have mentioned). Cisse for me should be an Advanced forward. And I would adjust the middle three roles.

Javi Martinez DMC - Defensive Mid/Defend

Bastian Schweinsteiger MCL - Deep Lying Playmaker/Support

Toni Kroos - MCR Central Mid/Attack

Also you have both full backs on defend, this allows for NO staggered support for the midfield, you'd ideally want one on attack and one support, Lahm being the one on attack, as he is your best attacking full back. If you want to try and be a bit tighter, you can set them to manually tight mark, or use opposition instructions.

ahh mike i think you know full well that im scared of losing games from crosses, theres like a 5 page discussion from the other week ahaa

Back