Survival the priority for Delap

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 501

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Stoke City midfielder Rory Delap says Premier League survival is still the club's first target despite them sitting seventh.

More...

Why need to worry about that? They've established themselves as a mid-table club for the past two seasons in the Premier League.

If anything, they should be challenging for Europa League spots.

Why need to worry about that? They've established themselves as a mid-table club for the past two seasons in the Premier League.

If anything, they should be challenging for Europa League spots.

Think you're going a little far there:

They've been mid table in their first two seasons, but, certainly last year they were some way off the Europa League spots..

Think he's just reminded everyone to keep calm and not get over-excited about their current league position, reminding the players that they aren't a wealthy, or especially exciting side and that the threat of relegation is still there..

I don't think they will get relegated (unfortunately) but can't see them in Europe tbh.

Yeah have to agree with Joss. Europe is a bit far off the mark for Stoke. They have a top team with some good players. They have established themselves as a Premier League team, and you have to praise Mr Pulis for that.

They arn't good enough to challenge for Europa league i think 9th-15th should be their priority. I think with Jones up top they will win alot of games.

people said that about fulham i beleive stoke are good enough to ****** a europa league spot :)

Back