kass129

Reaction score
I am about to start with sutton utd in the lowest league in England. My buddies and me have a challange to see who becomes the best manager, either with Sutton or doing so well that we get a job somewhere else. I relly want a head start and I am asking you guys for help.

I have a 100k budget and looking for any good player I can get for this. Any position and any value under 100k. All replies is much appriciated!

Sutton Utd are my local team, i'm currently 2nd in the blue square premier in my 3rd season after 2 promotions in a row, from my experience pretty much all players I have brought have been for a free transfer. Look for players who have been released from the top leagues youth, i've managed to make some good signings, quite a few originally playing for a premier league youth team. I found getting a parent club to loan players was very helpful on fm10, not so much on fm11 so far but its deffo something to look into. Another thing you could do is loan young players from a few leagues above, I personally pretty much never loan players, because I don't like to rely on loaning players, just personal preference. A lot of people would suggest this though, deffo another thing worth looking into. 100k is alot though isn't it? i think i only got 10k first season LOL.

Sutton Utd are my local team, i'm currently 2nd in the blue square premier in my 3rd season after 2 promotions in a row, from my experience pretty much all players I have brought have been for a free transfer. Look for players who have been released from the top leagues youth, i've managed to make some good signings, quite a few originally playing for a premier league youth team. I found getting a parent club to loan players was very helpful on fm10, not so much on fm11 so far but its deffo something to look into. Another thing you could do is loan young players from a few leagues above, I personally pretty much never loan players, because I don't like to rely on loaning players, just personal preference. A lot of people would suggest this though, deffo another thing worth looking into. 100k is alot though isn't it? i think i only got 10k first season LOL.

Thanks mate! I thought that would be the only way to aproatch this team. I haven't started yet, my friend said that he got 100k for players, but I don't know, he might have seen it wrong or something.

i think the most important thing is actually the backroom staff - I am doing St Albans at the minute and have got in some half decent coaches - all my players have got most of their stats increasing. Also, attend the backroom meetings and scout all the players that are suggested. And get a good scout!

i think the most important thing is actually the backroom staff - I am doing St Albans at the minute and have got in some half decent coaches - all my players have got most of their stats increasing. Also, attend the backroom meetings and scout all the players that are suggested. And get a good scout!

Do you have the names of the coaches and scouts you got? :)

Assistant Manager - Steve Wrigley. Got him because he has high judging current ability and potential ability - I want to know how good my players are because I'm not very good at judging the difference between 2 rubbish players (not yet anyway)...! I have always gone for assistant managers that are good at judging to help me pick the best players, and to ensure the scouts and the assistant manager are telling me the same thing.

Scout - Ernie Tippett - 15 for current and potential.
Scout - Russell Thornton - 11 for current and 12 for potential. Not as good but I plan to get Tippett to give a second opinion on any strong recommendations.

Coaches - Phil Walker, Sean Verity, David Puckett, Brian McAughey, Phil Hardyman, Jason Fowler.
Fitness Coach - Gian Nicola Bisciotti (I can't really afford him but he's brilliant!!)
GK Coach- Sam Walsh

One thing that worked well for me was placing job adverts. I find it really hard work looking at all the staff trying to find a decent one - with the ads the people applying were about the right standard. I've also asked the board to allow me to scout further afield. Not taken advantage of that yet but will be getting Tippett out and about once he's finished scouting France.

Be Heybridge! They're so much better!

Anyway a few players that have been excellent for me in that division and the two above it:

Tommy Heyday MC - totally bosses the midfield. Made him my captain and still going strong.

Chris Varnavas DC - awesome centre back for those divisions. scores loads from corners without bugs and helps keep clean sheets.

Ryan McGreevy ST - good young striker. Can have some impact in 1st season but comes into his own in 2nd and 3rd Seasons. Going really well for me 2nd top scorer.

Those were my main players to start off with, need any more help in future seasons I can give it. Just let me know. Signed some great players on free's that totally boss those divisions.

Ok I must be doing something right cause I beat Charlton in the FA Cup... with St Albans!!!!!!!! I love football, especially the FA Cup!!

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Got Sheff Utd in next round - who knows?

Carl Jones - Gateshead.

He's a CB but is brilliant from corners, i had him in my south shields save and he bossed at the back. I picked him up for 40K

He's worth a look :)

Thank you for all the replies, sadly didn't all the players/staff show up. But I really appreciate it!