TomD2286

Reaction score
So I have decided to cross the border and aim to bring success and glory to the Welsh Giants of Swansea City FC. With a long term plan in place. Starting with a rough idea for the next 5 years.
Year 1: Top Half Finish and a run in a cup
Year 2: Top 7/ Europe League Qualification
Year3: Consolidate a top 6 postion
Year 4 : Challenge to break into top 4 and European run
Year 5: Break into the Top 4

I also aim to improve the clubs youth setup and give my youngters a chance to shine. To also carry on being the number one squad in Wales.

So i agreed with the board that i would aim to achieve a top half finish which i will only be given 5 mil to achive this. Which i believe is okay to get my aim. With a decent squad already but with slight lack in quality depth.

So heres the squad i will start of with:
Goàlkeepers
Fabianski
Tremmel

Defenders

Rangel (RB)
Taylor (LB)
Tiendeilli (RB/LB)
Amat (CB)
Williams (CB)
Bartley (CB)
Fernandez (CB)

Midfielders
Britton (CM)
Carroll (CM)
Ki Sung-Yeung (CM)
Shelvey (CM)
Sigurosson (CM)
Sheehan (CM)
Dyer (Winger)
Routledge (Winger)
Montero (Winger)

Forwards
Bony (CF)
Gomis (CF)
Emmnes (Winger/LF/RF)

The decision for the formation i will play is goimg to be: 4-1-2-2-1. Looking at my squad i decided that i need to bring in a young CB to push Williams and Fernandez for a starting spot. Plus with Williams currently asking to much for a new contract i need a solid backup if he leaves the club. So in came Balanta from River Plate for 4.5 Mil which i believe os a massive signing for the club.

I also identified that my Position for Defensive Midfileder was weak due to the injury to Leon Britton for 3 months and the Missing shape of de guzman in the squad this year. Looked out for a cheap option my first target was Flamani from Arsenal on Loan but my board would only let my offer half his wages when Arsenal wanted 60%. So i had a look im the free agents and found Demy De Zeeuw who will do a decent job for me for at least two seasons. Other than that no business will be done but a young talented winger may come in on loan.

Next up will be my Results in August and any more transfer news. Can also add some screenshots soon hope u enjoy reading. :)

So heading into my first month of my first campaign with Swansea. Still on the look out for a attacking winger with Joel Cambell on loan the main target. No players have been sold yet but could listen to offers for Williams if a big offer comes in. So then onto my first matches.

My main team for the start looks like this:
GK - Fabianski
RB - Rangel
LB- Taylor
CB- Williams
CB- Fernandez
DM- De Zeeuw
CM- Sigurosson
CM- Shelvey
Left Wing- Dyer
Right Wing- Routledge
CF- Bony

Q.P.R (LEAGUE-Home)
Won 3-1 ( Bony 2, Montero)
Started the league with a solid win at home. Bony showed why he is such a key player for me. Scoring three mins into the game to show are attacking treat. Rangel sadly got injured near the end of the game but managed to get a brilliant volley from new signing Jefferson Montero. All round good performance even after letting in a soft late goal

Aston Villa (League- Away)[/B
Draw 0-0
A bore draw which i am disappointed with as we should be beating Villa easily. A change for tactics for away from home may be needed to consider are strengths away from the Liberty. Lucky to get a point after Abonglahor had a goal disallowed.

Sheffield Wednesday (League Cup 2nd round- Away)
Won 2-2 (5-4 on pens) Sigursson, Bony
Another disappointing awap outing for the club even if it was only in the league cup. Started off well with a stunning freekick in the first half by Sigursson. We were in commnad of the match til Wednesday conjured up a late goal in the 87 min. Brought on Bony for extra time for the youthful Alex Samuel, which payed of with Bony finding the net 13 mins after coming on, only for a Fabianski casually letting in a equaliser. 5-4 oj pens explains itself lol

Arsenal (League- Home)
Lost 2-1 (Bony)
May have lost the game but we were far the better team. With Bony opening up the scoring with his 4th for the season after 1 minute. The game was completly changed after rangel got gus 2nd yellow for hacking out a Giroud. Which was very fraustrating as the following freekick was saved my Fabianski but straight to Oxlade Chamberlin who scored Arsenals second. Nearly grabbed a deserves equaliser but Montero missed his one on one chance.

So after my first 4 game of the season going okay with many promising performances in the squad. Next Month will be a trial for the new tactic for away games. I currently sit 9th in the table with 1 win, 1 draw and 1 defeat. Herws some key stats from thus month:

GOALS
1. Bony- 4
2. Montero- 1
3. Sigurosson- 1
ASSITS
1. Sung-Yeung -2
2. Shelvey- 1
3. Routledge-1
Top Rating
1. Balanta: 7.55
2. Bony: 7.50
3. Shelvey: 7.30