Swansea - Dreadful Defence

So basically, I joined Swansea who where 23rd in the Championship in the November of 2012 (second season) And the defence is awful, and they are costing me some important points. I have £10.5million to spend and £28k wages, I need two center backs, and a right back, and if there's money left over a left back also. Thanks!

Start off by picking up a loan. 10.5 mil is not a lot of money to go ahead and build a defence. I'd suggest looking at Even Hovland he's a CB. Marvin Plattenhardt - If you cannot get him try for Jacob Lensky a LB those two should run you about 3-4 mil. See if Ritchie De Laet is around on a free. Scour the Chelsea/Aresnal/Liverpool/Manchester united + city youth/reserve teams see if you can snap up any other decent young talent.

It's a tough ask that's for sure. But if you use your scouts wisely and scour the transfer market there are always decent options out there. Being a championship side so close to the bottom will be tough attracting players. I'd be looking short term survive the season then rebuild in the summer.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/challenges-scenarios/88423-gary-speed-tribute-challenge.html there's a cool Swansea challenge that I posted a while back you can browse that and see if you can find any decent signings. Also when you save Swansea you can add screenshots to the challenge - Might make you want to stick out Swansea for a while:)

Thanks for the reply! I'll defiantly be checking out those players and sending the scouts further afield. We're slowly climbing back up the league though, we're around 17th now. I'll look toward a loan but I need someone preminant who is a quality I can rely on.

Like I said it will be tough to snap any one up in Jan for a lowly Championship team - Your best bet is to solidify you're championship position and look for players in the summer. Then make your move back towards the PL. Good luck! and post on the Gary Speed Tribute Challenge :D

I tried all of those defenders and none wanted to join. So I'm going employ some foreign scouts to see if they can find me any. Thanks for the help!

Back