Swansea second season

• Thread starter Thread starter brynburger
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1K

brynburger

Reaction score
I've finished my first season with Swansea and am looking to rebuild the team a bit. We won the league so we need champions league quality players in a couple of positions.

CB - Caulker was good but won't join, need two players with at least one as first choice.

RB - Only if there's money left, not a huge priority as Rangel and Vanden Borre do a good job.

DM - Was looking at Kara but he'd cost about 9m now, Mokotjo was an alternative but I know he doesn't get the work permit from another save.

CM - Deep lying playmaker/box to box, Alberto Costa could come on loan but I'd prefer someone permanent.

ST - Most important - Graham was a disaster most of last season and didn't fit the system at all, he'll be going hopefully. I have Sanogo but he isn't old or consistent enough yet to be first choice. Looking for someone similar to Christian Benitez but possibly for a little cheaper than the 7m they want.

The budget is 30m not including player sales. It would be nice if one or two qualified as home grown but it isn't essential at all.

Cheers.

Off subject mate,
but what tatic did you use and what players did you sign in first season please ?

Many Thanks

for CB, I would splash out on Dede, well worth the outlay (cost me about 15m), also, look at Vertonghen and Auderwield. CM go for Bressan from BATE (about 1m), real genius and won champions league best player for me at Liverpool, also Clement Grenier at Lyon is pretty awesome as well, usually available for about 7m. DM how about Romulo from Vasco, good at about 6.5m. Personally, for the striker position, I would stick with Sanogo, for me he has been an extremely competent and reliable goalscorer, though someone like Doumbia or Quintero may be worth looking at.

I actually forgot that I'd bid 13m for Sigurdsson and it was accepted so I don't need anyone there for now, Bressan looks good to pick up another time though.

I like the look of Romulo and I'm trying to get him now.

I managed to get 7m for Graham and with the money I'd prefer to get someone proven rather than leave Sanogo as my best striker and have an even younger backup for him. Doumbia is a bit pricey but Quintero looks great, thanks.

get quintero,
i bought him for 2million + instalments in my second season at wigan and he scored 23 goals for me :)

I actually forgot that I'd bid 13m for Sigurdsson and it was accepted so I don't need anyone there for now, Bressan looks good to pick up another time though.

I managed to get 7m for Graham.

how you get sigurdsson to sign he wont enter contract negotiations with me and i finished 7th with swansea last season also how you get 7m for graham did you offer him out at that or just get interested parties?

It's possibly because of where I finished in the league, could you get him on loan again?

With Graham I actually got more than that, offered him out for 12m to see what would happen and Norwich and Brum came in for him at 10m and he went to Norwich in the end. The 7m was up front.

A few great players are Santon(dl/r), Giovanni Dos Santos(amc/l/r,stc), Erick Torres(amc/stc) and Lewandovski(stc)

Back