Swapping Clubs in Editor

• Thread starter Thread starter Mkartois
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2K

Mkartois

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Since the recent season has finished, I would like to know how to swap clubs between divisions to match the current ups and downs e.g Pompey, Hull, Burnley into Championship and Newcastle, West Brom, Blackpool into the Prem.

Does anyone know how to swap two clubs so they would swap starting leagues?

i'm sure others may have already done this, if not i could do this for you.

if you want to do it yourself then you need to open the editor that comes with the game and go to the teams tab. type in the name of the team that changed division and then select them. go to the competion tab on their page and change it to the correct competition. make sure that for every team you move one way you move one the other aswell to keep the right number of teams in each league.

I have tried this. Also changed previous league, previous position and history for previous year but when loading a new game, it crashes on setting up databases and creates crash dump

Simple, do this

eg -

Add Newcastle, WBA and Blackpool to the Prem, and then, search/open Championship, and in there add Portsmouth, Hull and Burnley, and so on. You could just download my update which has the promotions & relegations of most European Leagues already done. you will find that update HERE

How do you simply 'add'.
I thought only fm2009 had an add button on the competitions.

How do you simply 'add'.

you want to select the team first and change it on the competions tab under them or if you are referring to stu w's post then you want to go onto the competition and change which teams are in it although it would be alot easier to download the database he has linked to;)

How do you simply 'add'.

When you go to the competition, click on the teams tab, and at the bottom right, there is two available buttons, on is add, and one is remove. click on the add, a search box will open up, where you type the team name. To remove, click once on the team in the list, and then click the remove.

Think this may be an issue with FM as I checked my custom Database and they appear in the leagues that I want.

When I start new game, I get past the part where I choose which leagues I want etc and then when on the 'setting up game database' page or whatever it is, I get the following error:

' A serious error was encountered and the application has to close. An error file was created in.....'

I play the game via a disc.

Any ideas?

Back