titchychelsea

Reaction score
I have had a bit of trouble in my 1st save with Chelsea,on fm 12.ended up getting sacked.a friend of mine told me I have to keep changing my tactics,witch I thort was a load of toilet.I havnt seen anyone else mention that on here,surely his match preparation isn't built up.can anyone shed some light on this for me?

it is a good idea to train your players up in a few different formations using the match preperation. Teams figure out how to beat you if you keep playing the same way. Look at a team like Manchester United. Sir Alex plays 4-4-2 but this can change into a 4-5-1 or a 4-3-3 or even a 4-2-4. Also if you was playing a team like Swansea (no disrepespect to them) and then you had a match against Bareclona next you wouldn't play with the same mentality. You would be more defensive and cautious against a team Like Barca. I would suggest training your team up in your main formation, then train them in a more defnsive minded formation and then train them in a more attacking formation as well. This will give your team more flexibilty and make them more unpredictable

at the moment i have a burnley game going and am top of the championship by 14 points. i am playing a 4-2-4 formation with the two singers inbetween the midfield and attack set as defensive wingers. seems to be working. when i come against stronger teams i play 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1. think about when mourinho was first at chelsea. he played with speed on the wings in Cole and Robben. Maybe try and go back to that as over the past few years they have become a bit too narrow and play everything through the middle.

TL;DR ...... i think your mate is right it seems this edition requires you to switch things up more..

I think he could be onto something... in the old game you could have one tactic and do pretty well against most teams without changing it...

this game seems to be different iv been managing charlton for 3 years and thats a challenge in its self without switching things up mid season...

anyways i walked league one struggled first month or so but then it was easy...
the championship has been different...
both seasons in the champo iv experienced what i call the 'christmas collapse'

this season i was top at the start of december but no win in 8 games has seen me slip to 6th...
luckily for me its so competitve im still only 5 points behind 2nd but Newcastle have gone into over drive and taken top spot...

i order to stop the drop i think im gona have switch things up dramatically...
i usually just play a simple 442 but over the past two seasons its becoming more complex as i cant compete with just the player i have...

I am in late January and am unbeaten in the league. my record stands at played 27 won 23 and drawn 4. my main formation is 4-4-2 attacking with the 2 wingers inbetween midfield and attack. i play a short passing game with a fast tempo and attacking however i always change it up every three games or so. i have tried numerous tactics. sometimes 4-5-1 sometimes 4-3-3 and even tried 3-3-4. it is hard to find a tactic that can consistently be used with changing it. I also look at how the other teams lined up in their previous match and take that into account. that way i counter any threats they may have. my team appear to not dominate possesion how i would like but seem to win. i am trying to formulate a system that will allow me to dominate posseion more. it is very difficult to experiment mid season. in pre season i usually arrange lots of friendlies so i can experiment and try and find a suitable system. should i win promotion to the prem i know that i will have to radically overhaul my sytem to survive in the prem.