meylokk

Reaction score
Swindon Town Football Club
swindon_town_fc_2007.png

Nickname: The Robins
Stadium: The Country Ground (15,728)
Founded: 1879
Division: League One

I'm gonna be using Chris' Update version 7 so I'll have the up-to-date Swindon team that Danny Wilson is gonna be using this season, should be interesting. I'm starting with a transfer budget of 65k and a wage budget of 35k p/w for new transfers, so enough to bring in a few new faces. I'll update after each match with a run down of the news, injuries, transfers and matches. My aim is obviously to get Swindon into the Premier League (when have you seen a different aim?) which has been made tougher by not having Simon *** anymore, but I'll have to find an adequate replacement, but hopefully some of Wilson's new summer signings will do the job :).

Wish me luck! :D

you could sign jim mcalister from morton he does a good job even if his stats are ****

apko sodje good on v7 and you can get him on loan 4 a yr then get him really cheap if you dont get him you could go 4 jay rodriguez from burnley

Good Luck, this thread should be an interesting one :D

Just an update to show which players are new in the update (Chris' Version 7) that Danny Wilson brought in in real life, just incase people aren't familiar with the players that aren't on Swindon in 9.3.0. These aren't players I have bought, just players that have joined in the update.

Ben Hutchinson - Striker
On Loan from Celtic
A decent striker at this level, but I might cancel the loan as I think he will be back up at best, and I have enough strikers to play backup, so I might aswell keep the £500 a week on wages.

Tope Obadeyi - AMLC/Striker
On Loan from Bolton
A quick youngster who is destined for great things I think, good acceleration, pace and dribbling and decent finisher at this level, so hopefully a competent goalscorer too. A natural striker but useful to have a backup position.

Alan O'Brien - AML
A good winger (infact my assistant tells me the best player in the squad). Capped for Ireland 5 times so some high level experience, but still just 23 years old. Has pace and acceleration of 19 aswell so a nippy player.

Alex Revell - AMR/Striker
On Loan from Southend
Why Southend chose to send this player away I will never know. Great physical attributes and a smattering of other decent attributes, will probably start upfront but is a decent enough winger on the right aswell.

Simon Ferry - DM/MC
On Loan from Celtic
Came at the same time as Hutchinson. Possibly one of the best players in the club, would easily get first time in Championship sides so I'm sure he will be a starter.

Jonathan Douglas - DM/MC
Another great central midfielder that I hope can team up with Ferry well :).

Scott Cuthbert - DRC
Really good defender with a good number of under 21 appearances for Scotland. Very good attributes accross the board.

Gordon Greer - SW/DC
Another great defender, in real life is the captain, so obviously Danny Wilson agrees he is a good player. A solid central defender that has played at lots of different levels so has good experience.

Jakub Jesionkowski - GK
A young 19 year old Polish Goalkeeper who I think I will struggle to hold on to in the future as he is clearly going places.

David Lucas - GK
My new first team goalkeeper signed from Leeds in the summer transfer window. Good experienced Keeper.

Great team to pick. I also have managed Swindon... Successive promotions taking me to the prem in 2 seasons and won the prem 2nd season in it, Now 2 seasons on unbeatable.

Goodluck mate.

Okay, have just finished the pre-season friendly campaign and have learnt alot about my team. A quick run down of the results:

Swindon 1 - 1 Dundee Utd
Swindon Goalscorers: Cuthbert (23)
We were predicted to lose this game so I am glad my team came out with a draw, with my defender Simon Cuthbert getting on the scoresheet. Average ratings of about 7 so I am pleased with it.

Swindon 0 - 2 Aberdeen
Another tough fixture and this time they got the better of us. However considering the defeat many of my players still at ratings of around 7 so I accept Aberdeen were the better team, but I think we played a decent game.

Hungerford 1 - 6 Swindon
Swindon Goalscorers: Revell (2, 41, 81), Ferry (pen 22), Obadeyi (39), McGovern (73)
A game I expected to win and we did so with style. The Hungerford goal came after half time when I substituted on some young players including my reserve goalkeeper so I can accept it. Good to see two of my strikers getting goals, and kudos to Revell for the hat-trick.

Swindon Supermarine 0 - 6 Swindon Town
Swindon Goalscorers: Revell (28, 32, 34, 41, 80)
Brilliant game for Revell obviously, maybe when his loan ends I'll attempt to buy him at this rate. A good win against a non-league side, what more can I say.

Swindon 0 - 0 Fulham
I was really pleased with this game, as it shows that the team have tightened up since the loss at Aberdeen, its always good to steal a draw against a Premiership side.

Overall I am pleased with my results, shows a definite progression in my team I think.

Also I have 3 new players:
View attachment 11377
A decent striker from St Mirren, cost 20k. Will probably be part of a rotation system with the two loaness, Revell and Obadeyi and also Paynter.

View attachment 11378
A young right winger from Malaga B, cost me just 3k which was a bit of a steal, only 20 so plenty of time to get even better, but at the moment a decent right winger.

View attachment 11379
Someone to strengthen my left flank as I sold McNamee, came from Orebro for 85k.

And here is my current lineup:

View attachment 11380

Ciao for now :D

Okay an update from the end of August:

Brighton 2 - 2 Swindon (League)
Swindon Goalscorers: Cuthbert (16), Greer (90)
Decent draw to start the season with, strange that my two centre backs scored! Brighton are a good team at this level so glad to ****** a draw, especially away.

Southend 1 - 2 Swindon (Carling Cup 1st Round)
Swindon Goalscorers: Obadeyi (4), Douglas (8)
Got through the 1st round, playing away at another league 1 side so shows we can rack up wins at this level. The fans and board only wanted 2nd round so this was good for the confidence.

Brentford 0 - 1 Swindon (League)
Swindon Goalscorers: Douglas (46)
First league win of the season, good game which we controlled, and should easily have scored more. Wonder goal from Douglas from right out on the right wing.

Swindon 1 - 0 Wycombe (League)
Swindon Goalscorers: Obadeyi (81)
Finally one of my strikers getting a league goal! I started shuffling around my strikers at this point but Obadeyi is constantly doing well so I think he will become a solid starter.

Swindon 0 - 2 Middlesbrough (Carling Cup 2nd Round)
I don't think anyone could have expected Swindon to win this, with Middlesbrough having a pretty strong side. My defense did well despite letting in two goals, but my strikers barely got into the game.

Swindon 1 - 1 Hartlepool (League)
Swindon Goalscorers: Obadeyi (27)
Another goal from my striker and another point to a fairly decent first month as manager!

We ended this month in 5th place, so bring on September!

when i needed players in that league i went to man united reserves heres what i found

richard ecersly(spelling) at the end of the season you can sign him for a free like everyone on my list
sam hewson cm
james chester dc

i also got mckenna from tottenham he was also availible at the end of the season normally on a free

they all do a good job and anyone wanting them can get them on loan till the end of the season and if you like them then they will sign for you cos got them for the same team as you and at the end of the season when i was looking for my players who were about to run out i saw that they were all free so signed them and they did amazingly well