zcotty2hottie

Reaction score
Apologies if this information already appears somewhere but what will the system requirements be for FM 2014. The reason i ask is because i need to buy a laptop computer for working away and naturally i would like my computer to be able to handle the new game. Any ideas?

If you're not bothered about the ME running at full blast you can get away with a solid CPU (1.8 - 2Ghz) as that's the part which takes the most beating when using FM.

If you really want top graphics, then only the most expensive laptops will probably do it! It's rare to find a laptop with a dedicated GFX card (maybe high-end gaming ones?), so get the best CPU and most RAM you can afford.

This site is great if you want to find a good CPU:
PassMark Software - CPU Benchmark Charts

If you're not bothered about the ME running at full blast you can get away with a solid CPU (1.8 - 2Ghz) as that's the part which takes the most beating when using FM.

If you really want top graphics, then only the most expensive laptops will probably do it! It's rare to find a laptop with a dedicated GFX card (maybe high-end gaming ones?), so get the best CPU and most RAM you can afford.

This site is great if you want to find a good CPU:
PassMark Software - CPU Benchmark Charts

I would take that as a rumoured spec list atm the link I've giving, I mean look at Battlefield 4 spec, everyone was saying you would need a GTX 780 to play it and you only need a GTX 660

I would take that as a rumoured spec list atm the link I've giving, I mean look at Battlefield 4 spec, everyone was saying you would need a GTX 780 to play it and you only need a GTX 660

Yeah I imagined it to be a rumoured spec list. I can't see it changing much from last year to be honest, it's virtually the same (tweaked) ME and the GUI looks very similar too.

BF4 is obvs a different ball-game, but you're right, there's always upwards hype when it comes to specs for future releases. I remember waiting for Sim City 3000 back in the day and there was speculation that it would need 256Mb RAM to run it... I wouldn't have known where to buy such a vast amount of memory!

To be honest the best way to find out is to wait until the demo comes out then you'll get a better idea