sh31k91

Reaction score
Hi,

Even though I've set to tackle a certain player harder under opposition instructions, I don't see that happening most of the time. The particular player has been allowed just to run away with the ball eg: on the wings.

But, I see that only happening when the team instruction is set to 'Get stuck in'. Am I missing something here? oO)

P.S.This is the first time I'm posting here after following this site and playing the best game on earth for 6 years. :D

Thanks!

Tbh I just see that instruction as a sure fire way to get your players booked or worse sent off! And it also depends on team instructions I think

Listen to Jamie. Leave tackle harder off, it will end up with you getting red cards. I think you would be better off setting it up to keep on feet and give them room. This will prevent them from dribbling around you. If you get stuck in and you don't have good marking and tackling, you're going to give up long runs and passes in the box

Tackler Harder doesn't actually do what it says on the tin. It doesn't mean your players will try and go in hard, it means your players will attempt tackles MORE OFTEN.

This, of course, means they can act more like a Cattermole than a Maldini, but it's useful for a high-pressuring tactic.

As it is, I believe there might be a slight problem with it. Nothing major, but I've been getting too many yellows. If you're unsure, leave it off.

Players with high aggressive above 14 and bad anticipation can turn tackle harder in red cards.

If you use it with players like Piqué and Thiago Silva it will work better, imo.

But leave the close down and put stay always on feet

Tackler Harder doesn't actually do what it says on the tin. It doesn't mean your players will try and go in hard, it means your players will attempt tackles MORE OFTEN.

This, of course, means they can act more like a Cattermole than a Maldini, but it's useful for a high-pressuring tactic.

As it is, I believe there might be a slight problem with it. Nothing major, but I've been getting too many yellows. If you're unsure, leave it off.

I must be a moron I always thought it meant to try and tackle even if the chance of them winning the ball wasn't as strong :p

Cheers for clarifying :D

Thank you very much for the replies!

I've noticed multiple times where a winger easily goes pass a fullback and put good crosses in even though they're being instructed to be closed down and tackled harder. Even if the fullback's attributes are better than the wingers' it's the same. :S

I hope the patch 15.1.3 solves this if it's some sort of a bug :)

Should be a third option.

- Stay on feet
- Get Stuck in
- Joey Barton

- Ease off Tackles
- Tackle harder
- Roy Keane

just think what the Barty/Keane combo would do, a miracle if you would be allowed to finish the game xD

But i got legendary Balanta season 1 with Sevilla. Red card in league game, red card in cup red card in Europe all in 3 games in a row filling in as a leftback :p

Jsut make sure the players dont have crapp mental stats when using the agressive approach