haze12

Reaction score
this is my squad (corchia is coming in january)

View attachment 253620

they've been playing well, but my centremids aren't really performing (apart from pastore), very few assists and goals between them, they have freedom to roam aswell. i've experimented with other formations but this is the only one that my team perform well in consistently. i'm thinking that a 4231 (deep) would suit my players better. but i've tried that it wasn't so successful.

View attachment 253621

i've rotated these midfielders on a regular basis, im in the second season btw. i play offensive tactics.
i also think i would get more out of pastore if he was further up the pitch. i've tried 4312, 4231 with CM's aswell as DM's.

if i were to do a 4231 deep, then what attacking shouts/instructions should i use?

Last edited:
I would use " exploit flanks, overlaps, pass to feet. This way you will overload the flanks in a probing and patient approach

I would use " exploit flanks, overlaps, pass to feet. This way you will overload the flanks in a probing and patient approach
thanks, i'll try this in a 4231 deep against napoli and see what happens.

thanks, i'll try this in a 4231 deep against napoli and see what happens.

When I spoke about this more probing approach, I had perhaps all matches but those away to teams like Napoli, Milan and Inter in mind. Here, you would be better off playing through the middle and hit direct balls into channels for your wingers to run onto, exploiting the fact that these opponents actually try to attack you. NO, I was thinking more in the lines of that this probing approach would be a great one when faing teams stting with many men behind the ball, even when attacking, against those teams you really need to be able to stretch their defence

When I spoke about this more probing approach, I had perhaps all matches but those away to teams like Napoli, Milan and Inter in mind. Here, you would be better off playing through the middle and hit direct balls into channels for your wingers to run onto, exploiting the fact that these opponents actually try to attack you. NO, I was thinking more in the lines of that this probing approach would be a great one when faing teams stting with many men behind the ball, even when attacking, against those teams you really need to be able to stretch their defence

i thought that since i had a superior team to napoli, it would work, but i've since had some good results, i played the same tactics against milan won 1-0, 3-0 catania, 3-2 roma, 3-1 genoa. i will continue to use the tactic, but i want to increase my possession percentage. should i play slow tempo, high defensive line? and should i play wide or narrow? also i just got pedro from barca on loan, he scored on his debut, seems to fit well in the tactic.

Juventus In real life Played 3 defence tactics, Unfortunatly you cant recreate anything that has 3 defence because of how Poor the defending is ahah. From a team whihc Let in the least goals and went unbeaten over 38 league games in 1 season i really hope FM make adjustments to make the 3 defence more playable.

On the other hand i tried a Juve Save and I found the 4231 wide formation was working well, Playmaker as Pirlo DLP at DM

High Fluid
High Defence line
Short passing

seemed to do the trick.