SWD

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've played fm before but so far have some serious trouble getting consistency in the premier league with my palace squad. Image is attached. I want to try win games 1-0, 2-0 as opposed to 5-4 goal fests. Thanks

View attachment 180890

Sorry if it wasn't clear before but looking for advice on building an entirely new tactic, not necessarily what is displayed on the screenshot. That is just to show you what I'm working with!

There is some contracting instructions and roles there. For eg, I believe you choose a defend duty limited fullback because you want him to defend more but yet you choose look for overlap TI which makes him an attacking fullback.

Look For Overlap Your fullbacks or wingbacks will be given a more attacking mentality, run from deep often, cross ball often and be asked to cross from byline.

You can create manual overload by using a wingback/complete wingback(S)/(ATT) with a (S) duty or role like IF/AP player in front of him so don't really need the look for overlap TI.

You need to take into consideration the pros and cons of the TIs that you choose. You are playing control(which in default already has a pretty high closing down and D-line) and you added in more closing down and high D-line TIs. With all that, your closing down and D-line could be as a high as an attacking/overload strategy. Yes, you could win the ball high up the pitch but also proned to counter attacks if you failed to do so.

Last edited:
Will give it all a read later on. Thanks

I'll report back once I've tried and tested! Hoping for European places this season