Tactic for Stevenage please league 1 just gained promotion 2012/13!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Garno85
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3K

Garno85

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the forum but have played fm for years, my first season i took charge of my beloved Oldham Athletic and after employing (The Bolton Underdog tactic) can't remember the exact name of the creator. 4-4-2 with FB AUTO, CB COVER, CB DEFEND, DW, DLP, BWM, TM SUPPORT AND DF at a counter attacking stratergy with narrow, slow tempo and fairly deep defensive line with shouts, just managed to avoid relegation which the board wasn't happy with and therefore got the sack!! I quickly got offered the role of Stevenage manager who had just been relegated to League 2.
I employed the same methods and got them up by finishing a respectable 3rd and claiming the manager of the year award. Now here's the problem.... i don't want to suffer the same problem as i did with Oldham in league 1 with more or less the same side that got relegated a season before.
Can somebody suggest a tactic to help me push on, compete with the bigger sides and maybe push for the play-offs?
I have read that most people have 2 tactics, one away and one for home. If so could you pleeeeeease give us a few pointers and suggest some good league 1 player buys!!

Thanks for reading

I've read a lot of the tatics in the tactics thread and i think they are mostly catered for bigger teams. please help

Well, if the mord cautious Bolton 442 worked for your current squad , I see no reason to change although you might want to consider the Aston villa one as well. It all depends on the squad . I think the failing with oldham was down the tactic not suiting the squad . For instance, how good was your playmaker ?

I had Dean Furnan, Just started my season horribly lost 3-2 away at Colchester 4-1 away in the cup to Southampton then 4-2 at Home to Coventry... All using the raikan 4-2-4 United one with shouts!!!! leaking goals for fun, my fullbacks seem to be getting done all the time and my midfield in too high up, tbh my current squad cant adapt to it so i shouldn't of even bothered.
Better Half you are right i think i'll go back to the Bolton one, maybe try the Villa one (not had a look yet) and thanks goal i might use that as a back up aswell.

Just started using the villa tactic 1-1 with Crawley away, had the lions share of the ball and numerous chances, thanks better half top work, btw great forum really easy to use and make out bro.

Back