tactical advice, help to make my tactic better please

• Thread starter Thread starter BALDERS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

BALDERS

Reaction score
hi folks,

im new to making tactics. i normally just download other peoples to use but have decided to have a go at creating my own. i like to play as man united and with them having a number of decent strikers i decided to have a go at using two strikers. the 1st tactic i created is shown below

4Ppf8lv.jpg

the centrebacks are straight forward with mixed passing as not to limit there options when under pressure. the anchor man offers extra stability and the simple pass to more creative players. i found having those three in the middle enabled my wingbacks to bomb forward to deliver numerous crosses into the box. may note that they also score a number of goals too. the three central mids are the creative ones linking up well with each other plus the DLF resulting in numerous scoring opportunities for the poacher. the central midfielder is on a support duty to hopefully not have too much of a gap between the AM and 3 central mids. i have the DLF on a support setting to link up with the midfield which i think works well but i also have him set to hugs touchline. now im not too sure about that but the idea behind it is to drag defenders with him to make space for the poacher. suggestions on this would be great(i must stress that even with these settings the DLF still scores)i use bony as my DLF(i must stress that i used cavani previousley but have since sold him) and henriquez as the poacher. screen shots of henriquez and cavani below
. now i had played a number of seasons with this tactic and was very pleased with the results. defensively was good and attacking was great but something is missing but not entirely sure where or how? hence this thread so any help or ideas would be great. with the tactic i was (especially at home) having 20+ shots but only scoring 2 or 3 which i thought was a waste(maybe only 1 or 2 CCC) and with the away games i was sometimes letting a halftime 3-0 scoreline end up 3-3 or 3-4 so i wanted to make a more defensive tactic but also to try and convert more chances.
9a3YaPc.jpg
53kdQIJ.jpg

the more defensive tactic is below.i must stress that i have just started this one so by no means finished.

6JhY8ef.jpg

the idea is that the 2 DMs offer extra protection for the 2 CBs. allowing the WBs to do as they see fit hence the automatic setting. the 2 wingers to move forward to supply crosses for the front 2. the DLF drops deep to collect ball for through balls to the poacher. i like the front 2 on 1st tactic but not sure if its correct for this tactic as the idea is to be a bit more defensive. the team settings are a bit of a muddle as not really sure which ones would suit. i have read in another thread that playing through the middle helps with the defensive side of things, what i am seeing so far is that while i create less chances i seem to convert more and the number of CCCs has definately increased i still concede goals.
with the rigid/defensive settings the closing down was set to own half or area depending on the position. so i changed it manually all players hoping to apply more pressure and less time on the ball. not sure if this is the right thing to do.

Im1lKVu.png
np6d4Bu.png

i will add that this is not a serious save as waiting till final patch is released. so i have let some of my staff do some of the roles, teamtalks etc also let my DOF purchase players for me as wanted to see what would happen. he has spent a fortune but lucky as he has bought some great players. not sure how to upload tactics but if some one can tell me i will gladly do so.

do not play rigid and defensive with United mate!
I would also not play that much of a narrow formation, unless you have sold all your wingers (I see you are in 2016)

I would not play such a slow tempo when playing attacking and fluid nor such high time wasting and defensive line!

hey bud, I am just about to start my first competitive game in charge of Leverkusen!

I have designed 3 new tactics/approaches for the first half of the season (will see how they go) all from scratch and all left mostly to default settings for roles and duties (going to really try and get the best out of shouts and my players)

that sounds good, however, you do not need to have it set to counter, your team are good enough to play on attack but make sure the counter box is ticked..

countering works mostly when playing deep and allowing the opposition to come into your half and hopefully committing too many forward so having a deep line and own half closing down/pressing is a must! clear ball to flanks/exploit flanks/pass into space are good shouts for that as well..

what is your setup?

Home tactic:

View attachment 302855View attachment 302860

I have two ball winners protecting the back four, with passing set to down both flanks, having the players attack the fullbacks with high pressing and aggressive tackling to put them under pressure!

Using the push up higher/pass into space/hassle opponents will help in putting the opposition under pressure while look for overlap will encourage my fullbacks to get involved and overload the wide area's while the two DM's sit back and cover

Away tactic:

View attachment 302861View attachment 302859

A 433 Dm is still one of my favoured tactics.. deep defensive line as explained above, aggressive stand off tackling/pressure (own half) so as soon as they come in, they are pressed hard, win the ball back from the ballwinner and dlp defend and play it wide..

run at defence for the wingers so when they get the ball, they run (I have Sam/Schurrle) who are both very quick. play wider and pass into space will encourage the wingers getting involved!
Pump ball into box as I have Kweuke/Kiesling upfront and are good in the air (this will be taken off for most games, I am playing against quite small defenders now)

See out lead tactic:

View attachment 302856View attachment 302858

a narrow midfield overload tactic to see off a lead or when playing against a much harder opponent! playing narrow and slow to keep possession and direct passing will change to shorter/default.

Drop deeper, retain possession, pass to feet, play narrower and stay on feet are all good shouts to use for possession..

thanks for the reply mate, i have some wingers so set passing down the wing raised the tempo but played deeper. set closing down to the default settings so we crowd them in our own half. shall see if it improves things for my 2nd tactic. the 1st tactic yes i did sell all my wingers as the didnt seem to perform well. any more advice would be greatly received.

Back