mcsheffrey

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have decided to do a save with Birmingham City, however I can't seem to get any tactics to work and I have even tried a few from FMBASE and looked into threads to see what other people are trying with similar tactics but mine don't work at all and I don't know if Birmingham are just awful or whether me being 21st is some serious tactical fault that I am doing myself.

When you look at birmingham it's blatantly obvious you can only play with 1 striker and with wide wingers, so 4231 was my preferred formation with them, however I can't get anything to work at all, I am not so bothered about beautiful football but rather getting results.

Any help would be much appreciated, if anybody else has used Birmingham and found something that works please let me know, thanks.

If you go on steam and download geo's possession tactic I think it's called. Worked really well with cardiff in the championship.

I think u should look at your teams qualities like if u have a tall striker exploit it or a good passer

For instructions I'm not too good tho but it depends on how u want to play and your team's quality

Anymore help would be much appreciated.

It seems to me that you're looking for any kind of style to play, which is almost impossible to get a tactic to work if you're not sure what football you want to play. Look at what players you have, what shape you're going to use, and then start thinking about what style of football you want to play when choosing your roles. Always have a midfielder holding!! (Defend - not BWMd)!

And if you're going for 4231 you need both central midfielders to not be aggressive when closing down so no BWM at all really.

If it's Birmingham try a counter mentality imo cos they finished 10th last season....if it will not work either wait till January and try a 4-4-2 with 2 defensive mids

Hey guys thanks for the advice, I am really just looking for something that works regardless of formation and at Birmingham its proving an impossible mission, if anybody else can genuinely do well with Birmingham I will eat my hat and I want their tactic!

Last edited:
I would settle for some sort of Jose Mourinho tactic right now, I am that absolutely sick of losing. Finding this years FM tough.