tactical struggle

jammysammy92

Reaction score
Hi to all, i'm in my 3rd season with sunderland in fm 2012, i have completely rebuilt the team and only have 3 players remaining from the default squad. Finished 7th and 8th consecutively and in my last season also won the league cup and reached the semi-finals in the fa-cup. But my problem is i cant seem to get a good passing game going, generally only averaging 70-75 % pass completion per game. I play a flat 4-4-2 with a balanced-standard philosophy, closed down on default with my defence on own half and midfielders on all pitch, i play a mixed passing game and wide down both flanks. i have one cm as an advanced playmaker-attacking and the others as a bwm on defensive with two wingers. in attack i was using a poacher and a target man but recently changed my target man to a trequartista.
Can anyone advise me on what i might be doing wrong?

Cheers

Sam

If you are focusing down the flanks, then many of your passes are probably crosses, which don't often connect with their targets; using a target man would be better than a trequartista. If you want to play a passing game, I'd advise not focusing your passes specifically and adding a third midfielder. Furthermore, poachers are more focused on scoring goals than keeping possession, so using an advanced forward would be a better option alongside the target man (or, if only using one striker up front, using a deep-lying forward, target man, or complete forward).

Back