Kris

Reaction score
The purpose of this thread is for members to share tactical advice and useful information. Know how to beat Man Utd with Sunderland at Old Trafford? Tell us how you did it and help out everyone else.

I will get the ball rolling with either a tactic or team instructions that might prove to be useful for others in a similar position.

Clearly everyone knows Ajax are a bigger and better side than Hearts, So going to the Amsterdam ArenA was never going to be easy.

I set out a 4-5-1 formation as you will see in the screenshot.

I did not want to set out all out defensive so i had the better and faster of my wing backs (Lee Wallace) attacking while Eggart Jonsson sits back and defends.

My Centre halfs Goncalves is just a central defender set to defend. While Zaliukas (A less modern,More old fashioned defender) is set to limited stopper.

My DMC Rubén is set as an Anchorman.

Both Wingers are set to Winger-Attacking.

When playing with the two central midfielders i always prefer to have a defensive and an attacking Midfielder. Stewart is playing the midfield defensive and Kingston is advanced playmaker support.

My loan striker is playing as an advanced forward.

Team Instructions:

Playing very rigid which in other words means very basic. Everyone does the job they are told to do.

Hitting teams on the counter since i have great pace on the wings.

Short and simple passing to frustrate the opposition.

It's Hearts not Barcelona so not alot of creative freedom.

Closing teams down at every opportunity and i feel the tactic is set up to help aid this.

Man Marking as i think Zonal is a crock if ***** :)

Drilling crosses and players stick to there position. It's not Portugal we are watching here i don't have the players to overlap or switch position.

I would not recommend you use this tactic week in week out unless your managing a relegation threatened side or perhaps a team with players that. As you can see however it seems to be working for me against greater opposition.

Hopefully this will prove to be helpful and i hope to learn from other users who may be better at creating a more attractive formation.

well i have tried playing MAN UTD what i found is that lower teams plays alot of time wasting LOL these irritate me

nice, i may try this as i am struggling immensley with any team i seem to go, fm10 demo seems a lot harder than fm09

I find it easier, only realy had a muck about with the demo though. You get so much advice from your assistant that your hardly make any choices yourself now.

and i heard that AM position is immense in this demo