Tactics: Enjoying a good start with QPR!

• Thread starter Thread starter seanhrfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 9K

seanhrfc

Reaction score
For anyone that's interested in middle team / underdog tactics, I've managed to put something together that so far is working well. I've been doing a lot of experimenting with QPR, mostly on the demo but now on the full game. This is the best I've come up with so far:

View attachment 280983View attachment 280984View attachment 280985

The tactic aims to balance between possession and counter attack. Against weaker opponents, it's been achieving 60% possession, pinning them in their half. Against teams that bring the game to us, we've been terrorising them on the counter.

Will keep everyone updated on how I get on, some tough games ahead!

It's not a finished article yet, as I think one or two variations will be needed eventually. Last 5 results

Man Utd 1-5 just too good for us
Chelsea 4-1 a deserved rout over london Rivals
Spurs 0-3 it just fell apart in this game, first game since season opener without a goal
Huddersfield 2-1 comfortable in possession, should have been more, but played with rotated squad and through to the league cup semis!
Sunderland 3-1 good win.

Have attached the tactic for anyone that would like to give it a try. If you do, please let me know how it goes :)

A few notes to help the success of this tactic:

GK - standard keeper
D R/L - first and foremost need to be quick and solid defensively (some of mine are a little bit lacking on the df qualities and get beaten by thw winger) secondly good attacking attributes e.g. crossing, dribbling, passing, even finishing as they do get in the boxs reasonably regularly.
DCR - Stronger, better in the air CB (good passing desirable)
DCL - Quicker, Positioning & Anticipation CB (good passing desirable)
DMRC - Rarely goes forward, strong defensively as well as good passing
DMLC - bombs forward, more creative and must have good passing (may get 100+ passes in a game)
AM R / L - creative players / goalscorers, need good dribbling, finishing, creativity, passing and speed! Cut inside so better to have on opposite side of preferred foot.
AMC - the key creator, will get the most assists. Passing, Creativity and Decisions are a must!
FC - Needs to be a fast forward! typical poacher attributes.

I've been using this without manually setting the team sliders like you did, just leaving them at what they default to on attacking/counter. Is that fine or?

For anyone that's interested in middle team / underdog tactics, I've managed to put something together that so far is working well. I've been doing a lot of experimenting with QPR, mostly on the demo but now on the full game. This is the best I've come up with so far:

View attachment 280983View attachment 280984View attachment 280985

The tactic aims to balance between possession and counter attack. Against weaker opponents, it's been achieving 60% possession, pinning them in their half. Against teams that bring the game to us, we've been terrorising them on the counter.

Will keep everyone updated on how I get on, some tough games ahead!

hi mate. i decided to start a save with qpr and saw your post tried the tactic its been working well so far won 1st game of the season 2-1 against swansea. would you reccomend changing or tweaking anything away from home as i have fulham away next or should i just leave it ?

Good tactic, i have save with QPR and have great result's with your tactic, half season 6 place.

View attachment 292160
Enjoyed your previous QPR tactic very much. But this one is simply awesome. I am managing QPR too, and such results are amazing for me.

Back