Reaction score
Does anyone have a tactic for a big man? I've never been able to use one effectively.

Does anyone have a tactic for a big man? I've never been able to use one effectively.
Make one yourself. There are good guides around and some common sense will go a long way to making a decent one to start with.

My suggestion would be to play narrower, so crosses aimed for his head are more effective, and find the target, and also that he has closer support to his teammates...

My suggestion would be to play narrower, so crosses aimed for his head are more effective, and find the target, and also that he has closer support to his teammates...
Play Narrower adds the passing focus to the middle though, so if you're going to do this, use Exploit Flanks too.

Overall though, if you have a striker like that, Floating Crosses would be the way to go.

It depends if you want to play attacking or do You want to play counter. Do You want to get tall striker scoring or dou you want to make him main distributer...

These advices will work if You want to make him main outlet for passes...

If You want him to score, it is whole different game. You have to bring ball high, and for this, you need wide play, so narrow is not option for you... It also helps if you tell your crosses to target him (or his position on field, for example, he is right striker, you tell crossers on right to cross on near post, and crossers on left on far post)...

And most important, get wide players that can cross... and cross floated crosses.

I had only one good crosser and tall striker, and combination of two of them was great. FB had 23 assists in Seria a, and striker was his main target (scored 25 goals this season). And I played Cremonese in second year in Seria A, so my team was not exactly strong one, appart from two of them.... With few better wide players, results could be even better...