Tactic's question (striker)

• Thread starter Thread starter Cyanidev12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2K

Cyanidev12

Reaction score
Hi, I've been using this tactic for a while now (had 3 games with it; promoted sheffield wednesday to PL, promoted Leganés (lowest division in spain) to Liga BBVA and promoted Münster to Bundesliga) but the lack of goals from my striker have been troubling me for ages (as well as the lack of chances created from time to time). It's not that the strikers don't/barely score, they usually have 20+ goals in all competitions, but it's not consistent.

I have been trying to change roles, player instructions, team instructions, etc. but I can't seem to figure out what's causing the "problem". If anyone could give me some tips, that would be great.

I have uploaded the tactic to rapidshare (don't know if it's allowed, if not I'll remove it) since I have to wait for the approval to upload it to fm-base.

https://rapidshare.com/files/12904046/4-2-3-1 test.tac

Could you please post screenshots instead? It makes things easier for the lazy people. Like me.

Who is usually the player who scores your goals?

Also, I don't really understand why people never leave the roles to their default settings. That kind of kills the point of having roles in the first place.

Your poacher isn't really a poacher with the settings you gave him. Turn his creative freedom and through balls down and let him run with the ball more. Also, if you haven't, set him as the target man with target man supply - run on to ball.

That might help, but also keep in mind that this may just be part of working your way up with a lower side. It's not supposed to be easy and you're not supposed to overwhelm teams offensively. If you're winning matches and promotions, you're doing something right even if you aren't getting huge goal stats.

Who is usually the player who scores your goals?

Also, I don't really understand why people never leave the roles to their default settings. That kind of kills the point of having roles in the first place.

My striker usually scores (and my wingers do aswell, not so much in my Munster game though)

Your poacher isn't really a poacher with the settings you gave him. Turn his creative freedom and through balls down and let him run with the ball more. Also, if you haven't, set him as the target man with target man supply - run on to ball.

That might help, but also keep in mind that this may just be part of working your way up with a lower side. It's not supposed to be easy and you're not supposed to overwhelm teams offensively. If you're winning matches and promotions, you're doing something right even if you aren't getting huge goal stats.

Thanks, i'll try that.

Thing is, even when my team is at the top (winning the league and CL, and being one of the best in their positions), my striker don't score quite as often as i would like them to.

Last edited:
I honestly can't understand player roles with custom settings because they're not actual roles. So I'll just point out some general tactical things.

If you're at the top of the league and feared throughout Europe, then teams are going to defend, and defend deep. A poacher (or whatever customized role you've set him as) by himself will struggle in these situations, only looking to score rather than to help construct passing moves. You'd need somebody to help in that regard by holding up the ball (DLF or CF) for onrushing midfielder runners (CM-A or AM-A) or providing strength and an aerial presence (TM) in a deep sea of defenders.

Those are two options; the final one would be width, which is provided by your two wingers already. They could cross the ball for the head of a Target Man to meet, and then goal. Maybe.

Last edited:
Hello there, this is my first post on this forum) OK, now I have two proposals about your striker.
1) set run with ball to often
2) through balls and cross ball - rarely. I think this is not ST on the pitch for, his role is get the ball and fire. But this is only my opinion. Sorry for my bad english and good luck in your career!

che amigo yo lo unico que cambie es ponerle en combinar al pase que le damos al hombre objetivo,logico yo estoy en el chelsea asi que proba a ver si te funciona,la tactica esta buenisima te felicito amigo

Back