laffles

Reaction score

2Q==
July 3rd 2010.
BREAKING NEWS.
Chievo Verona Manager Stefano Pioli Involved in Car Accident

At 11:03 this morning Mr Pioli was driving home from a succesful morning training session when he collided with a car down a narrow country lane.

A witness was quoted as saying "I was in my lounge and I heard a loud crash from outside, Naturally I went to investigate and what I saw was awful, heaps of mangled metal and various car parts were strewn across the road; I called 999 as soon as possible"

Mr Pioli is said to have suffered massive head trauma and internal injuries, but is in a stable condition in the ICU of Verona Hospital.

2619534123_c9a6ba59ff.jpg

July 5th 2010
Katerina Pioli, Spouse of injured football manager Stefano Pioli, has today announced that her husband would not be returning to management and has decided on an early retirement.

This has come as a shock to the Chievo board but Chairman Luca Campedelli has today told press that he "understands Mr. Pioli's decision" and that he "wishes him the speediest return to full health possible".

Z

July 16th 2010
Speculation is still rife about the vacant managerial position at Chievo.

The fans are calling for the return of Ex-Captain and favourite Lorenzo D'anna. A source close to Mr. D'anna told us today that "He would love to rejoin a club so close to his heart"

The board are thought to be keener on a more experienced, veteran manager. Former Empoli and Parma manager Luigi Cagna and Italian u21 Manager Pierluigi Casiraghi are thought to be in the frame.

dannavx3.gif

July 20th 2010
BREAKING NEWS.
Former Captain and club legend Lorenzo D'anna has been announced as the new manager of Verona based Chievo.

D'anna had a long and succesful spell at Chievo making 355 appearances in 13 years.

Mr D'anna is said to be relishing the prospect of nurturing a club that once nurtured him, it won't be easy however as Chairman Campedelli is known to be strict with funding and works on a 'spend as you sell' basis.

July 21st 2010
D'anna introduced as Chievo manager.

"Mr D'anna, you stand here today as Chievo Verona's new manager, as a big fan of this club; and, given your history you must surely be delighted?" (Verona Football Chronicle)

"This is a moment I have dreamt of since I retired, I had always hoped to return here. I am eager to get to work and establish myself as a success here"

"What is your prefered philosophy when it comes to the beautiful game, as a defender by trade many would expect you to adopt a defensive approach, is this the case?" (La Gazzetta de Sporto)

"Actually Im quite the opposite, I admire the clubs who give the beautiful game its name, Barcelona, Arsenal and Italy's own A.C Milan. Football is for entertainment. I hope to show this."

Nice OP mate, got yourself a follower :) check mine out mate :)

Nice start mate, am a follower. Check my story out too please.

Thanks