Smee135.

Reaction score
Hey guys, guns be doing a save with FC Eindhoven.

Main challenge is to get them promoted and then take over as the best team in Eindhoven.

Would people be interested in a save like this?

Thanks

Smee

Right so lets get this started. This is my first ever FM Story and I hope you guys enjoy it :) Any feedback/help is appreciated.

FC Eindhoven is a Dutch football club based in Eindhoven, They currently play in the Eerste Divisie (second tier of Dutch football), and are one of two professional clubs which are based in the city of Eindhoven, the other one being PSV Eindhoven. FC Eindhoven used to be the biggest team in Eindhoven but unfortunately for some reason PSV have came along and stolen the show (City)

However, the clubs have not faced each other in a league competition since the 76-77 season.

Hopefully we can change that and make FC Eindhoven a real force in Dutch football.

As you can see from the screenshot hmm....most of the facilities here are below average. Finances are secure which is a bonus I guess!? Oh and the media is predicting that we finish 19th out of 20 teams.

So lets get into showing you guys some of the players that I will be using and pre season.

Oh btw one thing that I always do on an FM save is that I disable the first transfer window to make it that little more realistic.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 12.31.49.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 12.31.49.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:
So as you can see we don't have a fantastic group of footballers, im just hoping that can actually play football LOL.

We do have a lot of high potential in most of our players which gives me hope we can do better than 19th.

Ones to watch out for:

-Joey Sleegers
-Jort Van Der Sande
-Kaj de Rooji

If these 3 start clicking I believe our attack will hopefully start creating decent chances and hopefully find the goals we need to take us up the league.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 12.31.59.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 12.31.59.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Formation is a 4-3-2-1. I hope to be able to control games with possession but also use the pace of the squad to destroy the opposition.

Pre-Season and the tactic worked pretty good. We won 4/6 and lost to two teams a division above. We also beat an Eredivisie team in RKC which can only boost morale in the camp!?

So going into the season I was pretty confident, unfortunately one best player Joey Sleegers got injured for a month or 2. People on twitter were actually saying things like 'oh he is a chicken' 'Bet he isn't really injured' 'such a faker'

Hopefully Joey has stayed offline and not seen any of the abuse being thrown his way.

So onto the first game of the season and you could say its a 'mini derby' vs Jong PSV. (PSV reserve team)

So here we go taking our first small steps into management....Wish me luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 12.37.30.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 12.37.30.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 13.43.13.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 13.43.13.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
WHAT A START!!! WOOP. 3 POINTS!!!!!!

I could hear the stands shouting 'OLE GUNNAR SMITHS BLUE ARMY' (yes im a Manchester United fan)

2-0 vs JONG PSV (mini derby)

If the team weren't up for the season before this game...I bet they are buzzing for it now.

I know it was against a reserve team but that brings confidence and im happy with that.

FC Eindhoven dominated from start to finish.

Took us a while to score but the pressure paid off finally when Rigino Cicilia rifled the ball into the net. And with 10 mins to go our MOM Samy Bourard settled the contest with a well taken finish which the keeper had no chance.

Alvin Daniels was an absolute nightmare for the JONG PSV defenders, running them ragged into the ground.

We also got a clean sheet, and im so proud of my young defenders.

For my first game in charge I couldn't have asked for a better start but can we take this momentum into the next game

(if you guys would like to some specific players, please just say in the comments section)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-18 at 09.40.05.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-18 at 09.40.05.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 125
Always good to start the season with a win, the fact it was your first ever game and a derby just adds to the sweet taste of victory!?

So I decided to do a few more matches and get to the end of August.

We had some pretty good results and the games we lost, I kinda expected to lose but we were not out done!

Confidence in the team is growing and some of the football we play is sexy ;P

We currently sit 3rd after 5 games. 3 wins and 2 loses. And I couldn't expect a better start (Media prediction 19th).

After beating Jong PSV, we managed to get 3 points away at MVV, and we had our first loss against NAC Breda. They scored very early in the game and had a man sent off just after half time, unfortunately we couldn't manage to find a winner even with all the attacking changes I made to force an equaliser.

Our next home game was against Go Ahead Eagles, a nice 2-1. Another 3 points at home and hopefully we can make the JAN LOUWERS STADION a fortress this season.

Then with the final game off the month we played Jong Ajax, unfortunately we lost 1-0 and it was a tale of 2 halves. 1st half Jong Ajax absolutely dominated us, we didn't even manage a shot!! They managed to get a goal just before half time.

I Changed a few tactics and immediately Alvin Daniels got one of their players sent off. We decided to go attacking and push on for that goal but we just didn't have Lady Luck on our side in this game.

I know its early days and im very happy with the position the club is in but I feel we do need to add some attacking quality into this young squad.

Be back for our next game against FC Dordrecht.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 15.51.50.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 15.51.50.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 15.37.27.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 15.37.27.png
    1 MB · Views: 118
First game of September and we are at home against FC Dordrecht....

First half we got absolutely dominated with FC Dordrecht creating 4 clear cut chances unfortunately they didn't make the most of them.

I got into my players at half time and the 2nd half was outstanding. Marcelo Lopes created 1 and scored our first to take us up to 2nd in the league.

A good start to the month.

Our 2nd game of the month was
against FC Den Bosch. Unlike us our next opponents are struggling at the wrong end of the table.

I wanted a quick start and we got just that, Jort van der Sande scoring just after 10 mins. We created many more chances but couldn't seal the game until the 82nd min when Joey Sleegers got his first goal of the season. Was nice to have our main man back after being injured from the start of the season, hopefully with him back we can really push on for the rest of the month.

3rd game of the month was against N.E.C. Nijmegen who again were one of the bigger teams in this league struggling and they actually find themselves rooted to the bottom of the league.

I decided to go attacking for this match as their confidence would be down and ours was on the rise, unfortunately it was a boring 0-0 with both teams really struggling to create anything.

Very disappointed in this result but another clean sheet, so lets take those positives.

Our 4th and final game of the month was against one of our rivals Helmond Sport. A MUST WIN GAME FOR THE CLUB AND FANS.

Before the game I spoke passionately to the team to deliver the result for the fans and not to leave anything behind.

With our biggest home attendance of the season 4,200 we went in as strong favourites. Again we smashed our opponents and cruised to a easy 2-0 win where they hardly worried us during the whole 90 mins.

I decided to bring back Alvin Daniëls back in the fold, and he didn't disappoint grabbing our first goal of the game. WILD SCENES!!!

Just after the break we clinched the win with another goal from Jort van der Sande, his 3rd of the season.

Its been a fantastic month for FC Eindhoven 3 wins and 1 draw and ZERO goals conceded. Ruud Swinkels is a beast for us.

We start October with an away game at TOP Oss....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 11.13.10.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 11.13.10.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 11.53.41.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 11.53.41.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 18.04.18.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 18.04.18.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 18.03.59.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 18.03.59.png