Taking Spartans Far!

xXjohnhibsXx

Reaction score
In this thread I will be taking you on my journey with Blyth Spartans from the Blue Square North to (hopefully) the Barclays Premier League! I have chosen Blyth as they were the first English team I saw play in the flesh, so they have always been a result I have looked out for and I want to make them a lot better than they are! I hope you enjoy it as much as I will.:)

Stadium: Croft Park 4400(563 seated)
Adequate Training facilities
Basic Youth facilities

Starting Bank Balance: £187,043
Starting Transfer Budget: £3k
Starting Wage Budget: £5k

Starting Tactic: 4-2-4

Last edited:
Why not do some background into why you are doing Blyth and howcome you got the manager's job and some history into Blyth Spartans.

Pre-season

Pre-season was a busy one for Blyth Spartans as we brought in 10 players and got rid off 10 also.

Ryan Connor:
A young versatile defender that will improve, will start left back but can also cover the whole of the defence, which is a big help at this level, a player that will hopefully stay until league 1/2.

Gary Wales:
An experienced striker who should easily grab a lot of goals at this level, will only stay for a maximum for 2 seasons but will be a big player for me hopefully.

Bob Malcolm:
I was really happy when he agreed to sign as he is a very good CM and can play at a much higher level easily so will be in the team for 3-4 seasons.

Steven Thicot:
This is the signing of the window as he is my best CB and CM, he is only 24 and is my best player, stat-wise, by a country mile!

Frederic Daquin:
AML/R both needed improved drastically and Daquin will be my AMR, he has good crossing and dribbling stats so will be a good winger and as a bonus he is still fairly fast for his age.

Omar Koroma:
A young striker that will play alongside Gary Wales and hopefully benefit from his experience. Omar will play the AF role as he doesn't as good finishing but is a better all round player, can improve and will stay with me for a long time!

Ludovic Roy: I needed 2 keepers as there wasn't a decent one to start with, Roy will be the sub keeper as he isn't as good as the other keeper but he will be good cover for a couple of seasons.

Stephen Stirling:
A CM that is already a very accomplished player but can still improve, he can play at a much higher level so will hopefully stay with me until about league 1/Championship.

Cedrick Fiston:
Only player that my backroom staff showed me that I decided to sign, he is a AML that is 10x better than the one already at the club, along with Daquin, I hope that they can get 15-20 assists each from crosses.

James Gilpin: My first choice keeper, he's only 21 so can still improve and will hopefully keep between 5-15 clean sheets this season. Will be first choice for BSN and BSP but will be replaced for league 2

Pre-season results:
Blyth 1-4 York
Lee Mason
Blyth 1-3 Arbroath
Lee Mason
Blyth 2-2 Spartans
Ryan Connor Wayne Buchanan
Blyth 2-2 Annan
Lee Mason Wayne Buchanan

I'm happy with pre-season, we didn't win any games but we scored goals and we didn't have a decent keeper for all of the games, nearly all players are fully fit and have good morale. Just about to play the first game. Will post player screenshots tomorrow

Hehe, everyone likes the Blyth Spartans. I think it's their crest and a nickname lol. Will be following your progress though :)

Back