jasonneverdie

Reaction score
not sure whether there are people post about this..i was wondering what do run on to ball means ??? which target man suits this ?? when what attribute do they need ??

Basically, it means when other players are looking to bringing the target man into play they will pass the ball into space for him to run onto - instead of passing directly too him. So, that would mean he would need to be relatively fast for it to work effectively.

The targetman - run onto ball instruction is not designed for the traditional hold up type player usually labelled as a target man.

It's more suited for pacey strikers looking to get onto balls played into the space behind the defence. Think of Michael Owen five years ago, or someone like Saviola, Eto'o etc.

For a target man to run onto ball, he must be quick, and it help to have the PPM of trying to beat offside trap. Anyone with high pace and 13+ finishing, and a good first touch will adequately do the job. Stand-Out players for me are yannick Djalo, Samuel Eto'o and Daniel Aquino.

Work rate is very important aswell I think seeing as he will be chasing through balls all the time. Off the ball movement aswell.

Agree with Yannick Djalo as a target man for average sized Premier League times.

A further expansion on this topic. If you have an exceptional dribbler who you want on the ball as often as possible, eg Messi, C.Ronaldo.

Then set that player to a targetman even if they play on the wing, then set their supply to feet, giving them as much of the ball at their feet as possible.

Similar instructions could be used for your playmaker, I've had success using Van Der Vaart as a playmaker to feet when playing him AMC.

So, essentially, if you wanted one of your players to constantly be getting the ball, you could put him as Playmaker and Target Man?

So, essentially, if you wanted one of your players to constantly be getting the ball, you could put him as Playmaker and Target Man?

Sorry, to clarify i was using the playmaker term as a type of player, eg a Riquelme VDV type player, not the player role. VDV was not set as a playmaker at the same time as a targetman.

I'm unsure on what would happen if you set a player to be both a targetman and playmaker tbh...

Sorry, to clarify i was using the playmaker term as a type of player, eg a Riquelme VDV type player, not the player role. VDV was not set as a playmaker at the same time as a targetman.

I'm unsure on what would happen if you set a player to be both a targetman and playmaker tbh...

Pertaining to ur earflier question, I dislike setting target-mans or Playmaker's cos if they have a bad game then u will probably lose that match

Agbonlahor (am being biased but all too true) is quality up top by himself, targetman - run onto ball, with SI sitting behind him and ariving late into the box ;D.

Agbonlahor knocks the ball out of feet, plays with back to goal, fastest man in football with high strength and work rate + improving finishing = supplies alot + gets 20 or more goals.... Pure (over rated) class xD!

Pertaining to ur earflier question, I dislike setting target-mans or Playmaker's cos if they have a bad game then u will probably lose that match

On the other hand if their good enough, they will win you a lot of games. You can always change things around if they aren't playing well.